Subject Author Posted Replies

Would you buy this?
bob
5

more legislative fun..
bob
21

Sony HT-5500D receiver problems
This unit will come on and the protection display will come on. I have had the volume turned down and I have checked the speakers for any problems. I have even checked all the output transistors and...
1
1

Racal 1992 counter fails initialization
This counter comes up with all the LEDs lit up and no buttons are responsive. Another one of these appears to have an initial display showing firmware version. So, I think this broken one is not...
1
1

Kyocera mono laser not feeding properly
Hi, I've had my Kyocera mono laser printer for about 6 years now, though its only on its second toner cartridge. The problem is it wont reliably feed the paper through any more. I have tried to...
8
8

Service Manual for Epson scanner?
Looking for the service manual for an Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner. I've found few for sale. Anyone have this file that want to share it? Or know of a free download server? And yes, I've Googled....
4
4

Manuals
I love this site! If you think I'm just some jerk looking for traffic, then don't go there. But I had good luck finding some hard to find service manuals "FOR FREE" with "NO REGISTRATION". Granted...

Epson scanner auto doc feeder gives vertical lines?
Epson Perfection 1640SU Office scanner with Auto Doc Feeder (ADF). The ADF plugs into the back of the scanner via a DIN-8 plug. (The ADF is model EU-34, pn B813222.) The scanner will scan documents on...
1
1

Powering a 208-230 volt motor...question
Hello all... I was recently given a small furnace blower unit with motor. I'd admit that it was so small I made the assumption it ran on 110 volts AC and powered it as such for a quick "go/no go" test...
1
1

splitters with DC pass through, and dbs
Do splitters with DC pass-through have the same signal loss as those without. I've found vague things on the web and just now I found some RCA brand splitters that said nothign about decibels anyhow....
7
7

LCD monitor turns off after a second
No bulged caps, anyone an idea what can cause this, i have 2 that do this, when the pic appears it looks good so no bad bulb. Bart Bervoets
6
6

Awkward IEC with integral fuse carriers
Just wasted 20 minutes trying to remove one, not the simple obvious type with a plastic latch under the drawer. This IEC rivetted in and surrounded, no make seen . If you pull out with a horizontal...
1
1

Reviving Test Equipment After A Long Storage Period
I have a number of pieces of test equipment (HP, Tek, Fluke...digital/ analog/RF) that have been sitting in storage for a decade. Time to apply the power and see if they work. What is the recommended...
6
6

Desoldering a Tuning Fork Can
I have a tuning fork can sealed with solder. Similar to a sealed crystal can. My 200W soldering gun doesn't even seem to have enough BTU's to melt very much of the solder on the can. Any suggestions?...
10
10

Sony TV
Hi! I have a Sony Projection TV, it tries to turn on then blinks, I have high enough B+. and the stanby is there, I have no drawing for the set so if I can get a little advice here I'd appriciate it....