Subject Author Posted Replies

3d tv
bob

Gale turntable
is there anybody who can repair a gale turntable
2
2

remote control
Greetings, I have two four year old Toshiba TVs. Both use the same remote, however, on one set neither remote works while on the other both do. The set on which neither remote works had the channel...
2
2

120hz versus 240hz
I am considering the purchase of an LED television. However, before I do, I would like to know what the difference is between 120 & 240hz; other than the numbers. I've done some research, but there...
83
83

Hacker boot camp
bob

mp3 player will not play songs
Hi Problem started after I re-formatted the mp3 player to act as abootbale device to fix a PC. I wanted to reuse it as a player so I reformatted it as FAT16 - didn't work then tried reset it using its...
4
4

Sony KDP57WS550 convergence question
I got a request for a house call on this one. Sounds like a dynamic convergence repair job. I tried googling this model but not much came up. Does anyone know which chips are used in this set or...

BD411H / 4407 IC
i'm trying to fix a laptop that let the magic smoke out when a loose screw in the case shorted something out. it's an Acer Aspire 1350, model # MS2159... if that's any use, the blown chip is an 8 pin...
1
1

RJ-45 "through wire" crimp connectors?
Think about a $12 spelunking/cyclists headlamp. Who is the dip that added/adds the misc group? Cross posting dingldorfs never cease to amaze.
5
5

Need Schematics, Assembly Drawings, Parts List of Tektronix CPS250
Tektronix CPS250 Multiple Output Power Supply Great Lab supply, but the 2N3055 for the 5Vdc supply blew out [very leaky base-emitter junction, I think] and took out an internal fuse too. But I would...
2
2

RC4185 ?
The remnants of a Fedback FG600 England made function generator of 1975. Someone clipped the legs of one of those canned devices of the time leaving 10 longish pins in the board. Overlay is a circle...
11
11

Charging Portable MP3 Player (Not IPod)
Hi, I want to buy a portable MP3 player (not IPod), but it requires a "high power" USB port on a computer to charge it. The alternative is to spend around $30.00 for a "wall wart" type of charger. I...
3
3

Brother MFC 9420CN Color Laser Printer
I'm trying to repair this multifunction color laser printer / copier / fax / scanner. The person who gave it to me indicated it needed a new OPC belt. Sure enough, when powered up it gives a message...
8
8

Light band on laser printing
My trusty HP 2100M printer is now printing with a definite light band in one spot on each page. The cartridge is old (bought new with the printer back in 19-ought-99) but doesn't have that many pages...
16
16

How motion sensors work
I'd like to get responses, ideally, from folks who actually know how these things work, and not the usual Usenet speculation. I install a lot of motion-detector lights for clients. A lot of these...
49
49