Subject Author Posted Replies

OT:
I am looking for an old verizon phone. I want an LGVX-8300 phone. I know people have upgraded to theese smart phones, but this phone is accessable for blind people, and I want one. I am blind and use...
2
2

Taped show not showing up on TV screen
My Toshiba VCR is the SD-296KU model. With my usual skill, I pressed a button that made the thing either NOT tape a program at all or NOT make it show up on the TV screen. Here's my setup: I used the...
18
18

Same FM station at two nearby positions?
I have an clock radio about 30 years old that, when tuning for 88.5 FM, for example, by turning the dial, will find that station, and then a little higher will be another station, and a little higher...
17
17

Can I use an APC UPS for DVDR and clock radios?
I just got a used APC Back-UPS 300 and somewhere it says that it is for computer equipment only and not for medical equipment. I had hoped to use this for my heart-lung machine, but since I can't do...
11
11

Yamaha P120, electric piano, broken key
From being dropped. Can anyone point me to diagrams showing how these keys are locked in place at the pivot, believed two pieces of plastic broken away and missing and not knowing how to safely remove...
4
4

Polaroid DHM 0100 dvd player audio hum
Hi, I have a Polaroid DHM 0100 dvd player that has (what I think is 60 cycle) hum on the audio outputs, so am hoping for some pointers on how I might solve the problem. As far as test equipment goes,...
4
4

UPD 442012 BX85 / BB85, flash memory (by NEC)
Hi all I need 2 of these for repair. Any ideas where I can get them or any replacement? The datasheet states: 2M-BIT CMOS STATIC RAM 128K-WORD BY 16-BIT ..... The =ECPD442012A-X is a high speed, low...
1
1

Sanyo TV model HT 32546, CH. 04 problems
Hi all This set came in for repair out of warranty. I have the manuals for the -00 and -01 chassis but only a 4 page change notice covering a -04 chassis. I don't know if the 04 is that much different...

Maplin/Trust 500 UPS
The damn thing has developed the habit of bleeping at random intervals, I tried running it flat and then reconnecting the mains supply but it still keeps bleeping. The user manual doesn't have a...
5
5

AL1916W Ab, blank screen, power indicator cycles
I intercepted an Acer AL1916W Ab on its way to e-waste at work. When plugged in (with or without a video signal) the power indicator cycles off -> orange -> green repeatedly over a couple of seconds....
1
1

The 22 Month Eletrolytics
I bought a Philips DVP 642 DVD player in December 2005, and 2 months shy of 2 years, it failed - having symptoms of a well-known problem with a certain capacitor in the power supply. Well before the...
29
29

Panasonic 27XF25CW 27" TV Horizontal Line until warms up
Hi, I'm a new user to this group. I have the above TV - GAOO, circa 2006,with the following symptoms. When the TV is turned on and cold, there is bright horizontal line in the middle of the screen...
5
5

Is there any adjustment to focus on a Samsung SC-D353?
Just got this unit in and it doesnt seem to be focusing at all or exposing the video properly All I get on the screen and on the cartridge are whited-out fuzzy blobs moving across the screen where...
1
1

How would you test a sensitive gate TRIAC?
Trying to fix something for a family member, and suspect the NTE56041 TRIAC is faulty. Only I have no idea as to how to test this device. Anyone have any ideas? TIA for any help... Dave
6
6

Please help Identify
Hi All, I decided to try my hand at restoring an 'antique' electronic item Down in Margate, South Africa, these seem to be very hard to track down. I just picked up this valve set at a 2nd hand...
8
8