Subject Author Posted Replies

De Solder SM electrolytic caps
Hi, Does anyone have any good tips for desoldreing these SM caps without damaging the pads? I tried wicking each pad dry but the darned thing still took one of the flimsy little pads off with it. Also...
10
10

Dell WD3000 back lighting issues
A friend of mine bought a Dell WD3000 and after about 1-1/2 year or so, got tired of dealing with the back lighting not working properly. (Having to turn the power on and off and reboot several...
2
2

Microwave oven troubleshooting
We got this oven in for repair Its a GE model JE2160SF-03. The name plate reads 120V 1.65KW (MW). I don't know what the MW stands for however the 1,65 KW would seem to translate into 13.75A. The line...
4
4

NTSC versus PAL
"Die, die, my darling!" As both PAL and NTSC are basically dead systems (NTSC in the US, at least), there is little point in discussing their differences. But as Mr. Alison insists on displaying his...
71
71

Sony Stereo won't shut off
I have a Sony STR D990 When i try to shut it off i get a message in the window DRLC Main What is it & how can i fix it ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home...
2
2

Samsung LN-S4692D LCD TV TCON Board
Couple days ago, I was bitten by the famous Samsung TCON board bug. (Sound but no picture. Backlight is on.) I realize the best thing would be just to replace the A/S TCON board (Samsung Part Number:...

PAL DVD on USA player?
I accidentally bought a PAL DVD (it was shipped from Cleveland!)** Then, I accidentally came across a web page giving instructions how to change the region of some DVD players to whatever one wants....
28
28

Pongs in electronics
Anyone have a better knowledge of why fatty acids appear in circumstances where high dielectric strength/ good insulation is needed. Hence the "fishy smell" of physically broken/leaking electrolytic...
12
12

Fujitsu plasma display funnies?
Hi all, A while ago I was given a 3rd (at least) user 42" Fujitsu plasma display, a PDS4212E-H. Whilst it seems to work ok there is some strange pixel / noise running across (mostly) the top couple of...
2
2

Why would an FM signal amplifier make some signals disappear?
Hello all... So I was putting up an FM antenna recently and got the idea that using a signal amplifier might be a good idea, as the output would go to two tuners, one of which is somewhat "deaf" in...
24
24

Switching PSU shutting off under every load
Hi to everyone, since it's the first time I write in this NG ;) I've little experience in switching PSUs ... I've one of them (coming from an Amiga 2000) which shuts off at the first load. With no...
17
17

Can your mouse spy on you?
bob
5
5

VCR controller
I'm looking for a device which I purchased from Supercircuits about 12 years ago. It was a VCR controller. It would accept a dry contact closure from for example a motion detector. A wired IR...

Westinghouse LVM-37w1 Power Supply (4900211780) repaired
The shutdown problem is definitely the power supply. It has a problem with being mechanically intermittent. If you tap the power supply it will shut down. I sent my power supply out for repair at a...
1
1

Problem with HDMI connection.
I am connecting my PC to my TV to use as second monitor using a hdmi cable/connection. The TV has 4 hdmi ports, however after a while one of them stopped working properly, ie I got 'noise' on the...
4
4