Subject Author Posted Replies

Repairing JVC HR-S3910U S-VHS
Hello, I have a JVC HR-S3910U S-VHS machine that I would like to repair. The machine makes a strange whirring sound (i.e. tape loading sound, it seems like it will load a tape, but does not complete...
8
8

USA National wireless plan
bob
10
10

How to biuld a home CO2 carbonation system (the nozzle part)
I've built a home CO2 carbonation system but I have a question about carbon dioxide flow (see pictures below). Using a tire valve and a tire chuck, I can easily fill the soda bottle empty space with...
38
38

Pioneer Stereo Receiver SX-212, need schematic
Does anyone have a schematic for the SX-212? Yes, I know it is old but would like to solve a problem with the left channel.
7
7

pre-amplifier Golden tube sep1
Please how to improve the sound of the preamp.Your experience. schematics welcomed. Thanks for your help Renato

Modify audio output lower noise?
Hello everyone! Great group! This is my first post! I'm a musician and sound engineer. I have a unit (BOSS Dr. Sample) that I use to trigger sound fx for theater. Th unit works fine, but it's...
2
2

Dog fixes phone...
Hi! While it's an amusing story, I'm pretty sure you'll find that its authenticity is dubious and that substantially the same story has been passed around in several different settings. The one I'm...
14
14

What Oscilloscope specs for audio work, diagnosis and repair?
Hi can someone please help me with what scope I should get for Audio equipment repair? I need to have flexibility so I wont have to buy another for a while. A benchtop model is fine. I want something...
27
27

Dell Photo 944
I've got this photocopier with "photo mode" "memory card problem" error in the display window. In the card slot there is no card. What could be at fault. Thanks

Magnavox 25" CRT Tuner Prob?
Have a 25" Magnavox CRT TeWee Chassis 25X605-00BB. This has a zillion hours on it; still runs/displays like new. It's on a digital converter, so always on CH3. Starting a couple weeks ago, on cold...
3
3

Sony DAV - S800 Remote ...
Anyone (preferably UK) got a remote for a Sony DAV-S800 home cinema kicking about up the corner that they would like to flog me cheap ? Alternatively, anyone know for sure if any of the other DAV...
4
4

Why is NS +12V regulator marked LM2940CT -12 ?
not printed as LM2940CT /12 say. Any other awkward ones like that, hopefully to lodge in memory, or just a NS thing. Not being familiar with that range the 9 in the type number triggers a mental...
4
4

switcher dummy loads
I am working on a switching power supply from an older Avid hard disk array. The array itself has proprietary Ultra SCSI drives in it. No documentation is available. The power supply seems to have...
2
2

Sound card advice.
Grrrr!!!!! Never connect two soundcards on two computers, lineout-->linein. One computer was connected to a 2 instead of 3pole mains outlet. Both soundcards permanently disabled.......... One of them...
4
4

Harman Kardon AVR210, no audio.
This Harman Kardon AVR210 receiver has no audio output in any mode. Customer said it just went out all of a sudden. I was able to find a copy of the service manual here: It's in four parts and you'll...
9
9