Subject Author Posted Replies

B&K 1827 frequency meter
I picked this thing up at a flea market for a buck. I put batteries in it and it seems to power up and reads some low frequencies but I can't seem to get it to read any RF. Does anyone have a manual...

Sony MDS-JE330
I got the subject minidisc deck, but it's stick in standby mode. It makes a relay click when plugged on, but hitting power (or using the remote) does nothing. Cycling the power doesn't help. Any...

Final version ? Tests for PbF / SnPb solder
This is my write-up if anyone can make any additions / improvements Testing for RoHS/PbF solder LTSIT (Low Temperature Soldering Iron Test) Using a never used reserve thermocouple monitored variable...
1
1

safe to use microwave after spark
Hello, A family member mistakenly hit the Cook button instead of the Timer and a small spark was seen. He immediately shut off the power and everything looks good. Is it safe to use if all parts are...
5
5

Sony ICF-SW7600 portable radio -- all static
I've had a great Sony SW7600 portable shortwave/AM/FM radio for years and it has worked very well. It's probably been on for more than ten thousand hours overall. This is the model: A few months ago...
4
4

Notebook freezing when connected to external power supply
I have a Toshiba Satellite A205 - S4777 that works perfect while on battery, but the instance i plug the charger in, it freezes. First i thought it was a Vista-Toshiba issue but only to discover that...
34
34

FLX2610 LCD TV repair
A friend has a Element FLX2610 Teevee that was a gift. It looks like it came from Circuit City. It appears it was made by who seem to have vanished from the US. There's a claimed service center but...
1
1

RoHS/PbF for customers
I have a disgruntled customer with a 2 year old amplifier built into a vibrating box (combo amp and speaker). It has 2 failed solder joints and about 10 visibly and tug-test near to failure joints and...
4
4

ir receiver module, testing and identifying
I have a Onkyo TX-8211. It's become unresponsive to both the factory remote and a universal remote that was programmed to control it. I popped it open to inspect the receiver module. I couldn't see...
2
2

rj12 crimp punch
When you crimp and rj11 connector, you are really pushing in the six contacts and the thing that holds the cable in. Ths crimper should therefore be able to be made into a screwdriver sized punch that...
1
1

Detectron Geiger Counter
I recently bought an old Detectron model DG-7 geiger counter. This is from the early 50's and has three 1U5 tubes inside. Power requirements are 90 volts for the B+, two "D" cells for the tube...
36
36

Fender Twin reverb from 1979
Assuming I cannot get 1.5 inch long UNC 8/32 bolts in the UK, other than a hundred or stupid min order quotes, any suggestions. ? I cannot return this amp , despite repair, as it is unsafe. The 4...
18
18

Picture tube degaussing
My friend has an inexpensive 9-inch TV, about 6 to 10 years old. It suddenly developed two green spots on the screen, one in the upper right corner and one in the lower right corner. I have a "GC...
23
23

Kyocera receiver not remembering stations
Question is about a Kyocera R-851 receiver, ca. 1985, 85 w./channel. Unit is in fine condition (many capacitators have been replaced) except for one thing: it doesn't remember radio stations. This...
15
15

Milles Griot 176B
I am looking for a power connector pinout on this supply. Not the remote connector. Most of the connections are apparent, but I'm trying to verify a fan output, as I'm told. Greg
2
2