Subject Author Posted Replies

Horizontal Tearing on Sony Beta VCR
This seems like a pretty straightforward problem, and maybe it is, but it's one I haven't encountered before. Near the middle of the picture, there's a narrow horizontal area that tears to one side....
3
3

Kenwood Prospero board defective
Hi, I have a Prospero food processor that most probably has a design failure. When I turn the knob on, the motor has a jerk then stops. No defective component visually. I suspect this comes from a...

Laptop battery got super hot when charging
I had left my laptop (dell 600m) on standby for a few days running off battery, so it was around 40% based on the little indicator they have on the battery. I plugged in the AC to charge it and went...
5
5

JVC VHS-DVD Combo VHS side snow only
Question: Last summer my above combo deck the VHS side stopped showing image from tapes. Audio however remains crystal clear and hi- fi stereo, balanced at all times no dropout except for a...
2
2

HP 30s screen & brain have been water-damaged, but I enjoyed this calculator
Hi, I have some old HP 30s, and as every HP stuff, I like it. The problem is that some strange guy threw water on it when I was at secondary school. It does not perform correct computations anymore,...
17
17

CRT Monitor loses Green
My CRT monitor loses the green from time to time. Then the screen is all pink in the background and I can only see red and blue. Just about the time I'm going to toss it, the green comes back and it...
13
13

Tale of a monitor
Hi Paul End of saga: the fault was High Voltage leakage from the top Backlight to chassis. It finally dawned on me, that the reason why, with the Inverter PCB only running and remote from chassis,the...
1
1

mssing a syllable here and there, OTA TV
Is it possible that, when watching live digital over the air tv that occasionally a syllable will be missing from the words people speak? I think this has happened but I don't watch live so much...
15
15

Clever Switches ...
I'm back ! Just got home from my latest Vegas trip. There is a whole new generation of machines there now, many of which are updated versions of the 'traditional' Double Diamond style machines, using...
2
2

Seagate 160GB IDE drive suddenly invisible.
I use my generic, home made, pc to test and analyze client's hard drives. The motherboard in my pc is an ECS NFORCE3. It's never given me any problems. When I hooked up the test drive in question...
19
19

RCA 27F650T chassis ITC008KCY power cycles
Howdy all, I have a RCA Model# 27F650T chassis# ITC008KCY that power cycles. It will power up display the active input then the screen flashes and she powers off. It will cycle back on by itself start...

[Urgent] Interferences
Ok, Im not really repairing anything (yet), but since I love this group so much, Im posting this noob question here anyway. :) Im in urgent need to connect an adsl access point to the telephon line...
5
5

Descrambling PDF to Text conversion (long)
Just for future reference , is there a general principle concerning pdf to text that can be applied. Not relevant now as got the thing repaired but in the process I was looking for the pinout of Sony...
10
10

Cooper Lighting Motion Sensor Flood Light, Turn On Request
Hi, I'm trying to help a relative who lost the owner's manual for her Cooper Lighting model MS80W outdoor motion sensor flood light. She no longer wants the motion sensor feature, but wants to be able...
6
6

Siemens HF36041 (microwave)
I've got this microwave with clock not working. I checked the supply voltages on the clock pcb and they are fine. What could be wrong?
2
2