Subject Author Posted Replies

2 pin vs 4 pin bulb
What are the advantages of a 4pin vs a 2pin bulb..... the manufacturer of my task light used a 2 pin bulb but the socket is made to accept a 4 pin...... Also..... the socket wire connections are of...
2
2

Rubber keyboard contact repair
Hi, anyone geting good results rejuvenating worn keyboard contacts? I'm talking the large ones you find on music keyboards, drum machines etc. Particularly ones where you can't buy the contact rubbers...
7
7

OT Using Mozilla T-Bird on here ...
My son has just provided me with a new computer, on which he has put Windoze 7. As there is no longer any O.E. included in the OS, he has put this T-Bird program on as the mail client, and has also...
8
8

Unlabelled and disconnected mains primary wires
About year 1999, USA make, for export In line , not 2 or more separate primary windings, DC ohms to nearest 0.1 ohm. I'm assuming same gauge wire throughout Labelled by me as A,B,C,D,E crossplot...
26
26

Update - Sony model KDS 60-A2000 dreaded blinking led
Original problem - Won't power up. Power led blinking 4 times. Called Sony for blink code troubleshooting, rep said it meant power supply problem to lamp or backlight (I did give her the correct model...

Solder paste shelf life
Have some leaded, water soluble solder paste (Kester HM531) for the last 3.5 years. Used it yesterday and it seems to still work like new. IIRC, shelf life was given as the usual six months. What...
3
3

Sony code
Four blinks & stop usualy means, no vertical deflection. Vince
1
1

Cordless Panasonic phones
I recently purchased a pair of Panasonic KX-TG6522E cordless phones with answer machine. I have noticed that when I am having a conversation with someone I can hear his voice perfectly, but when I...
5
5

OT: archiving on CD/DVD
BBC click this week did a feature apparently high spec discs is no guarantee of longevity. Mention of what I happen to do, copy 3 yearold backups to new on a rolling basis and keeping in 2 different...
22
22

DTV decoder repair, capacitor gets too hot
I'm repairing a DTV decoder Saivod DT2012 (chip Cheertek and tuner LG) that had a swollen capacitor in the power supply. 6 months ago I already replaced this capacitor with a low ESR high quality 105...
16
16

Conformal coating breakdown.
Supposed to be there to keep damp/condensation out but over 20 years or so does the opposite. The waxy/jelly type coating (not the epoxy potting stuff) breaks down to an oily film that is probably...
6
6

Sony blink codes question
Posted problem with set several days ago. Model KDS 60A2000. Turn on set, power LED blinks 4 times, then repeats. Hoping someone here knows what this code is. Web search not helpful for my model....
2
2

40Gb Western Digital hard drive
Hi, Hoping to benefit from the collective wisdom of the group with regard to computer systems. So far over a period of about 2 years I've brought home from the scrapyard three different E-machine...
57
57

Replacement EEPROM
The TI TBP18SA030 is a 16 pin fusible link PROM. 32 X 8 bits. Anybody got some suggestions on what I can use for a replacement? The SN74S188 is supposed to be the same, but that doesn't solve my...
4
4

Update on NOISY Whirlpool Dehumidifier
Hi, I think I have finally "tamed the beast". My latest technique (two boards with long threaded rods, see below) is working! I have been using the dehumidifier for the past two weeks since, and it is...