Subject Author Posted Replies

Tracking down "excessive current"
Hi, I recently had to repair a small LCD TV that was blowing -- very SLOWLY -- it's DC mains fuse. I.e., the set was drawing more current than it was designed to draw. But, not a catastrophic failure...
17
17

Looking for manual to a SD 20/24 PAL Programmer
I found this at Breezeshooter's Hamfest last wknd in the Pittsburgh area. This is a PAL programmer made by Structured Design, SD 30/24 It even includes a Stringy Floppy cassette player, plus a spare...

Isolation transformer source
Can anyone recommend a good isolation transformer for sale on-line? Need one that will handle 5 amps or so at 120VAC, and have a standard AC plug at the outlet. Prefer one for less than $100 or so,...
57
57

Humidity Detecting Switch
I've seen $250 humidity detecting fans (Broan?). I have a timer on my bath fans, and motion detectors on my hallway lights (installed when my dad was dying), so I can't believe they can't make a wall...
23
23

service mode
Hi! I need to know how to get in the service mode , RCA chassis ATC010A. Thank you for the help. Vince

Repairing a PVR power supply
Hi guys, Here's a new one for me... switchmode power supply repair. I've got a "Nichimen" PVR sitting on my workbench; apparently it "jus' plain stopped workin'". It appears to have been made by some...
7
7

IC Package Drawing Database?
For example this datasheet has 5 different package drawings that it calls "Small Outline Package", all with different dimensions: Isn't the idea of a package "name" supposed be a single identity...
4
4

Westinghouse LCD Parts ID
Hello group, I've got a Westinghouse 26 inch LCD, model number SK-26H590D. The TV is dead with several parts on the power supply burned beyond recognition. If anyone can identify the parts I would be...
2
2

TEAC AG-790 (not A) somewhat burned
Hello all... A TEAC AG-790 stereo receiver has appeared on my bench. I'm not sure what happened to it. Resistors at positions 7R41, 7R47 (and a seemingly unmarked neighbor--can see an outline for it,...
13
13

panasonic VCR remote veq1657 - how to operate tv?
I have a vcr (NVHD636 ) with veq1657 remote control (not the exact one that came with the machine) and it has TV controls and a 'TV select' key below the main flap. Was wondering if anyone had the...
2
2

Plugging computer output into stereo problem
I plugged my computer output into my stereo. Its an old 1970s stereo with built in cassette tape deck and phono input. There is no AUX input, so I put it in the phono input. It works but it's...
19
19

UK electronics bits/ junk shops?
I don't know of any small independent operations with a walk-in shop any more GWM Radio Ltd,Worthing;Techno Trade,Fareham ; Forum Stores part of Southampton University no more; Greenweld, Southampton...
32
32

can you give some info materials on learning abt electronics?
i cant understand the things you have given...........

Marrantz sr 4003 goes into protection
Hi there, I've got a marrantz SR 4003 at home, which seems to go easyly into protection mode. First the setup: - Marrantz SR 4003 - Jamo S606 HCS (5.0 setup), columns have passive "sub" - no active...
3
3

Adcom GTP-450 turns itself off or the cpu locks up.
Hello. I used to work for an Adcom warranty station and remember this was a common problem but I can't recall what the cure is. If anyone has a solution I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Chuck
5
5