Subject Author Posted Replies

DATAMAN s4 eprom programmer , looking for GAL adaptor...
Hi guys. I'm a student, and i'm entering the world of the chip programming. I have acquired a dataman s4, and i would like to use some pal and gal chip. I know that an adaptor it's needed, but anyone...
9
9

High wattage dummy load/s for audio use
Just curious about these - how were they used? All that is known is they came from an audio lab. About 200 watt, 2.8 ohm vitreous resistors. 200watt estimated, by me, from surface area scaling of 2.5...
10
10

Vertical Lines
Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of the screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold IC. Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.
28
28

Voice Chip, any ideas?
Hi, I'm looking for a voice chip that can save 5-10 audio files(10-15s long) and can play them one after the other by sending 5V to the input (one audio with every pulse). I bought a chip from...
2
2

Pioneer CDJ-1000 Mk3 ...
Anyone know if this pro DJ unit has a mode whereby the button function-sensitive backlighting can be turned off ? I've not seen a Mk3 before, and don't have the manual for it. The one that I've just...
3
3

TSA shaving mirror out of a hard disk drive (what are those shiny platters made out of anyway)?
What are the shiny CDROM-sized platters in an old desktop disk drive made out of? I glued two of them together so that the offset covered the center hole to use as an indestructable traveling shaving...
20
20

req: STK 403-100
Plz i need a copy of that service manual thnx in advance
3
3

Marshall Master Lead combo, 1978
In for more basic problem but query here , should anyone know, as only a Polish reference out there. All seems original in there and o/p devices TO3 Motorola, badged SCSP1 and SCSN1. Presumably , as...
4
4

PDF of SMD device codes and markings with pictures
device codes and markings with pictures.
2
2

Need a little help troubleshooting a tv
I bought a used Sanyo DS27930 television for a 2nd tv and there are faint whitish lines running through the screen when I watch [digital] satellite through the coax, also a steady hum. It doesn't...
1
1

Sound Technology ST-1700B distortion analyzer measurement pegs meter on low range.
One of my ~30 year old Sound Technology distortion/power analyzers has a problem. It's been sitting around for a number of years because I had a spare. The symptom is that when you are measuring...
7
7

Schematics & standards
Someone else made a comment in another thread here about weird schematics (like for home appliances). Wanted to get a small discussion going on that topic. My take: there are good and bad standards...
48
48

Yamaha MM8 synth: Every 6th key dead
Hi, Hac anyone experienced or repaired a Yamaha synth with this symptom? I suspect it might be a loose keyboard connector or something. Thanks for comments and suggestions. regards Geir
3
3

Fusible resistors queries
When did they first arrive and do they always have an unusual body colour? There is a patent reference to 1977 but when would the first appearance in domestic equipment have been ?. Resistors that...
10
10

Sony KV27FS210 stopped working
TV is about 6 or 7 years old and had been taking a while to come on for several days. I'd turn it on, the red led indicator would blink a few times, then it would take a few minutes for the picture to...
6
6