Subject Author Posted Replies

Any Lighting experts on here ... ?
I'm looking for a couple of replacement ceramic lampholders to go in a disco lighting unit that's in for repair. This thing uses two 300 watt bi-pin halogen capsule bulbs, with a pin spacing of about...
7
7

Cleaning Electronics Devices
I thought I'd post this, as it is an example of a "worst-case scenario" situation. A few months ago I acquired a rather high-end Mitsubishi VHS VCR from eBay for not much money. The seller said the...
8
8

Old garage light fixture with no sign of existing switch
See this photo for reference: The white-sheated wire goes to the dead fixture and terminates inside its box. Can anyone take a guess as to where the on/off switch would be located for this old garage...
19
19

What is this garage wall fixture? (see photo)
Can someone help identify this old device? It's mounted almost 9 feet up the wall of a garage in an early 1950's California house, and the other side of the wall is the kitchen. No obvious signs of...
8
8

Epson Perfection Scanner Problem
Hi Experts :-) I have an Epson 1640SU that worked very well until today. Now, when I press the start button, it click-clicks and the carriage does not move. I removed the screws and tried to take the...
11
11

Rectifier wiring
I have this rectifier: GPBC 50A It has four terminals, but they are not marked. The datasheet is pretty sparse, too. Which of them are AC and which are DC? i
32
32

OT: Weasel Stomping Day
Today, June 31, is Weasel Stomping Day. Search Wikipedia for the entry. There's a link at the bottom to a charming music video. "We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right...
1
1

Wax conformal coating over SM
So quite low temperature hot air will melt it but how to remove what remains after allowing most to drip away? tissue paper as capillary mop? or a chemical ? . I don't know if it is a reaction with...

Sanyo CRT-tv. HOT tested bad. Transformer noisy. What next?
Sanyo 35" CRT Mod # DS35590. PROBLEM: No pic or sound, only the steady, high-pitched whine. Not very loud. Only unplugging the set stops the noise. Power button ineffective. Used small tube-in-ear...
8
8

NAD 140 schematic please
Hello all, I'm in need of a schematic for a NAD 140 receiver. This is a very early NAD, likely around 1975, before they were sold in the USA, and before the 3020 integrated amp that made them famous....

MicroGem DTV converter gets pretty hot
I just bought a used MicroGem DTV converter at an auction. The price was right, and it works ok. But I noticed that it gets pretty hot compared to my other converters (other brands). I also read on...
3
3

How do I check the output of an amp with a scope?
Hello' I have built a mic amp and wanted to check the wave form on a scope but when I connect the probes to the o/p of the amp the power supply trips (The Mic operates on 9 volt single rail.) I...
13
13

GM keyless entry
My GM keyless entry pad is intermittant. Cleaning dosen't seem to help. Anyone seen a schematic for these things? Thanks, Chuck
2
2

How to network a usb modem for 3 computers
Hi everyone I have a USB internet MODEM and I want to connect it to my 3 other PCs at home so they can all browse. The 3 PCs are already networked in Peer 2 Peer. How do I do this? Please Thanks. I...
4
4

Danger of running hot receiver (Kyocera)?
Got someone with a Kyocera receiver (R-851, 85 w/chan.) that they say "smells like something's burning". Don't have more specific information than that; I'm assuming no magic smoke is visible. I'm...
18
18