Subject Author Posted Replies

Pushon v screw f-connxr
Push on f-connectors are notoriously loose-fitting.. any tips on making them less so as the wire in question is hard wired inside the chassis.. ironic that the better antenna only works better if I...

Gm auto radio swap problems
I have been trying to do something that used to be so simple but in today's world it seems has become an exercise in futility. I own a 2000 Chevrolet express van which has a factory AM/FM radio...
5
5

Unknown SM 5-pin device.
Greetings, group. I'm trying to identify a surface mount device on some boards I'm repairing, but not having much luck. The device is a small black plastic rectangular surface-mount device, about...
3
3

Soundcraft Spirit Folio F1 mixer ...
Anyone by any chance got any schematics for this ? I've tried all the usual freebie sources, but without luck. Couple of places are offering them for sale, but owners don't want to spend a lot on the...
4
4

Diode symbol confusion
on one schematic If a straight bar of cathode and triangle represent a signal diode Same with a small return towards the triangle from the bar represents a zener diode What does the symbol mean with 2...
6
6

PowerWare 9110 UPS schematic??
I have this UPS that had dead batteries, so I put in fresh new one's all charged up. I plugged it in and red ALARM led lights up, the fan turns on and batteries are being charged up, but it will not...
8
8

Valve/tube, A/R fault
Well that is what Avo calls it, I've never come across one before. ECC83 with curious cyclic swirling breaking-surf whitish-noise and clicks. Putting on Avo 160 tester showed short in A/R setting,...
5
5

60/40 vs. 63/37 Solder
Why are there these two very similar solders? Is there any situation where one is better than the other? I understand the eutectic nature of 63/37, and I wonder if/when 60/40 might ever be better to...
74
74

Telephone wiring 101.
I moved into a new house and have new voip phone service via the local cable company. The way it's configured is the cable from outside goes into the modem, model number Arris TM502G, then the output...
6
6

Is it just me or...
So there you are, working on something that you don't have any schematics for; (in this case a Datron 1281 8.5 digit DMM) This one wouldn't power up. Poking around I noticed some (TTL) circuits were...
8
8

Spectrian Amplifier
I have a Spectrian 30Watt 13cms power amplifier that only gives out 6Watts. Has anyone any service information or access to spare parts for this unit? Regards John.
5
5

OpAmp in ZyXEL Wireless Access Point POE
Hi all. The Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) injector for a ZyXEL wireless network link has just failed. New, or replacement, POEs are not easy to locate nor is information on these devices. There is not any...
3
3

OT: Southampton, Hampshire, UK a talk on PbF this evening
I'm giving a powerpoint presentation this evening, if anyone is around here, part of the national movement More details of venue etc on A 21st century plague - some reasons for failures/problems in...

Backiline 600
Seems to be a notorious problem with fan system on these, so many I cannot find a recognised solution in amongst the complaints. I've not taken apart yet,all wrapped up under the h/s, is it active or...
9
9

audio attenuator headphone to line
I want to make a simple audio attenuator by soldering a couple of resistors into a cable, similar to here: page talks about attenuating speaker level down to line level with 10k and 1k but I want to...
10
10