Subject Author Posted Replies

SMPS capacitor test question
I noticed the lithium battery for my nikon camera was acting as it it had a bad cell. It would charge, but just not last very long. The battery is "smart" with a third terminal that the camera talks...
2
2

Fender Concert amp
Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them? Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I may as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is...
4
4

Video projector lamps
The inkjet printer syndrome. Why pay for a new set of inks when a whole new printer costs only a little more than that. Another thrown out video projector, all that clever technology , just because a...

Isopropyl Alcohol for Cleaning Flux
In one of the posts about solder, somebody mentioned CVS Drug Store for 91% isopropyl alcohol. I just called a CVS, it's $2.79 for 16 ounces and $2.99 for 32 ounces. That's 20 cents more for double...
33
33

Question for the Brits here, what do you call a Belling-Lee connector?
What do you call a Belling-Lee connector? I know in the US they call them PAL connectors because PAL TVs sold by grey market importers in the 1980s used them. As a joke I have referred to the ones on...
21
21

Westinghouse LTV-32w6
Found in dumpster [w/remote]. Perfect picture. Only reason for tossing seems to be failure of tuner [which is part of the main board]. I can use fine in conjunction with a spare VCR as the tuner but...
1
1

HP Deskjet 1280 error
Hi good Pals, I'm working on an HP Deskjet 1280 printer the problem with it is, after initializing, it I can (in most case) print a test page from the printer but after the first print the cartridge...
2
2

Revox B225
I have a Revox B225 which plays excellently for about four minutes, then the sound stops and the CD spins up very fast and then stops. The track display switches all the dots on, and although I can...

TO92 marked F422 = BF422 ?
I'm aware that in some situations TO92 transistors marked C556 mean BC556 (not 2SC556), can the same be for BF...? I have a board with dozens of BF422, HV transistors on. These agree with the...
2
2

MHC-GNZ333D
How to open the speaker box to replace a speaker ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Enthusiasts' Community of the Net Web and RSS...

microprocesser
mp8085- basic instruction
4
4

Sony Wega KD-36XS955
I am having some problems with this 36" tv. Sometimes it will turn on and sometimes it won`t. I had it on all day last Sunday and shut it off and the next day it would not turn on. It will make the...
3
3

Help identifying smd device please!
I have perhaps foolishly tackled the repair of my freeview box - Tvonics MDR-250 - for which no service information appears to be available. I'm an amateur, btw. (Fault is it's powering on and...
2
2

Dell W3000 aka LG W3000i vertical stripes on display
Has anyone had any luck with this issue? Starts out as light stripes starting at about 1/3 screen from RT two inches This disappears and becomes a black background for 6" from RT side with overlay...

Midiverb ii issues?
Hello, I'm an new electronic technician TRYING to grasp a hold of my troubleshooting skills. I have two Midiverb 2's on my bench currently. One I was able to repair by replaceing some bad Filter caps,...
24
24