Subject Author Posted Replies

Sony BM-23 portable dictator problem
My BM-23 will PLAY a tape for a few seconds then stop. As it stops there is a high pitched signal that will continue until I put it on STOP. Sometimes it will stop playing and I can hear the motor...
3
3

Sony KPR46CX10 tracking problem
Hello, I have a friend that has one of these. She says that from time to time the picture will scroll. So I know that this is a horizontal tracking issue. When I worked on tv's years ago they had a...
1
1

Opened laptop battery to replace lithium ion cells (Lenovo X61 tablet PC) -- Where do I get replacement battery cells?
Have you ever opened up your laptop battery to replace the lithium ion cells inside (if so, I could use the help as I'm stuck). Here are the pictures of the operation on a Lenovo X61 tablet PC 8-cell...
19
19

Replacing reversible 180 degree rotating cassette tape heads
Assuming a direct replacement is unobtanium. There is no standard for the rotating mechanism and at leaast 3 headforms: normal , half width R/P plus E, half width R/P. But there seems to be a standard...

Virus Enables New Wave Of Rechargeable Batteries
bob

Philips DPTV330F Strange Problems
I recently acquired this set, hoping fix it up for resale. Initially, when power was pressed it just kept cycling on and off and would not start up. I tried disconnecting a wiring harness which...
1
1

plasma tv PSU
Ok.. I have a Hitachi W32-P5000 with a MPF7409 power supply. The unit seems to be more or less the same as a PD5000 with the same display panel aside from lacking an internal tuner. Anyhow. The TV is...
10
10

Of volcanoes and caldera
Continuing the metaphor. 2 yearold China-made Peavey i8B Plus mixer amp. No reference to RoHS or PbF as USA company but volcanoes with loads of "caldera" in the making (part formed ring cracks in...

Cable box is making a ticking noise
Have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3200 cable box that yesterday started making a ticking noise when it's on. The ticking noise is coming from the box itself, not the TV speakers. If I remove the...
16
16

PHILIPS CDR-770 cd recorder problem
Visiting relatives and their CDR 770 (1999 vintage) has the following problem. After being powered up for only a few minutes, it locks up and no buttons operate. Totally frozen, and a hard reset is...
1
1

Philips CDR770 CD-R standalone recorder problems
Visiting relatives and their CDR 770 (1999 vintage) has the following problem. After being powered up for only a few minutes, it locks up and no buttons operate. Totally frozen, and a hard reset is...

Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get the damn amp open. It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set...
120
120

Looking for oscilloscope manual- Dumont 329
If any has a copy of this, please let me know. I have been looking all over for it. Thanks, Lori

Pioneer 100 disc CD player problems
This unit was given to me with the complaint that it would intermittently "skip". I did confirm this to be so and I subsequently slightly increased the setting on the laser pot. The unit seemed to be...
12
12

CTC 187 strange volume problem
I got a CTC 187 in with a complaint that after five minutes or so the volume gradually decreases by itself. I was thinking possibly tact switches but someone else said that it could be a bad eprom. I...
5
5