2P 18650 pack went open circuit.

I used to do that until one part-unfolded as I put a cell into my favourite flashlight, shorted against part of the top of the flashlight referenced to negative and and cooked the switch into oblivion. :-/

I know the feeling.

--
Shaun.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
~misfit~

If I have to - I tin a m3 nut and solder it on. some applications have a contact spring at both ends, so it isn't an issue.

Reply to
Ian Field

You can reduce that by coiling the strip in the direction that reduces the length of unsupported strip. Coil can't fold over as easily.

Reply to
mike

Yep, I've got it sussed now thanks.

--
Shaun.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
~misfit~

I'm always a bit shy about soldering onto a cell - worried I'll cook it. That's why I left the nickel strip on in the first place, so it'd be there if I needed to solder the cell somewhere.

--
Shaun.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
~misfit~

The bus strip is a little more thermal resistance on the way to the cell.

A strong active flux helps make the joint quickly so damage is minimised.

Reply to
Ian Field

Cheers,