Subject Author Posted Replies

Difference in NiCad replacement batteries
I've got this old Norelco T6000 Beard Trimmer, designed as a throw-away, that I've been nursing from year to year by soldering in new batteries. I fear I'm down to my last solder, expect something to...
42
42

American 3 pin mains plug and socket
The third grounding pin seems to be always round and with no taper in any sense. The socket I have here has a ground-pin recess that is a conflation of a semicircle and half a square in cross section...
9
9

Sandisk Clip repair tip
FYI: The Sandisk clip is a small mp3 player. Mine simply died- no lights, no sound, no response whatsoever. Paper clip in the reset hole had no effect. In frustration I started pushing all buttons....
1
1

Electric Knife Sharpener for sale!!

Manual for Electronic Load -- 3H Industries/Analogic Swingr Two
Good afternoon, I've recently acquired a 3H Industries / Analogic Swinger Two Electronic Load system Unfortunetly it did not come with any type of operating manual. Would anyone happen to have a copy...

Small monochrome CRT monitor issues
Lets try this again. Cmon, google, post! I have a little 4.5" monochrome CRT Display in a deposition controller I have. It runs on 12v and uses NTSC. Pretty generic. Its Dead. I have high voltage,...
2
2

Replace DVD drive/deck/player in consumer devices?
Is there any likelihood of successfully replacing a faulty DVD drive/ deck in, say, a DVD player or recorder or AV receiver with DVD, with some other type (in particular, a computer drive)? I have...
1
1

Small monochrome monitor issues.
I have a little 4.5" monochrome CRT Display in a deposition controller I have. It runs on 12v and uses NTSC. Pretty generic. Its Dead. I have high voltage, getting about 260v to the screen grid,...
3
3

Small NTSC Monochrome display problem
I have a small (4.5") monochrome CRT in a piece of process monitoring equipment that is not working. No video display. HV seems to be good, filament is on. Even if I turn the brt and cont pots I get...
2
2

Type of resistence
Hi This resistence, R26 and R27: What kind of resistance they are, and where can buy? Regards
45
45

OT... cleaning wood stove glass
Hi, All. Somewhat OT... not real science (but related), not electronics and it's maintenance rather than repair... You can clean the inside of the glass of a wood stove very effectively by using...
1
1

Laptop to powered speaker problem
Powered speaker works fine with clean audio feed but get it connected to the audio out of the owner's laptop and it drops into some undefined error mode killing the speaker output and display/,switch...
2
2

LN40A530 Samsung LCD TV long to start...Capacitor issue ?
Hi , I have a LCD Samsung LN40A530 LCD TV that seems to have a capacitor issue. It takes 10 minutes to `s getting worst with time. I had checked all capacitors on the power supply board and they are...
10
10

best TV Monitor? 2nd attempt
maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first posting what is the best ( less than $1,000) TV HD Monitor? want value, great color, and low maintenance, which monitor meets this...
10
10

Ping Jim Yanik re: Tek 365
Hey, Jim. Long story short my 465 quit a while back. No trace at all, even with the beam finder. I got tired of looking at it sitting there, and decided to poke around and see if I got lucky. Well, I...
4
4