Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Composite video from Compaq Armada e500.
At 2011-05-05 1:48 pm Paul Jeroni wrote in "You must connect the shields, the waveforms on the scope are all noise." OK. With the shield of the scope lead connected to the shield of composite output...
6
6

Huge Radio Electronics Auction (Wall NJ, 07719)
Annual InfoAge Radio Electronics Auction Saturday September 10th 2011 Huge Radio/Electronics Auction conducted by The New Jersey Antique Radio Club and The Radio Technology Museum at the InfoAge...

Dark strip on LCD...
TV is a Polaroid 42" 1080p LCD, model TLX-04244B. It was purchased on 11/28/08, at Wal-Mart, with an extended warranty. It has developed a horizontal dark strip, about 3 inches wide, about 1/4 of the...
11
11

LCD TV backlight stays on
When the set is powered-off, the backlight on my 5-year old 19" Westinghouse (LTV-19w6) LCD TV no longer shuts-off. When the set is unplugged, the backlight (of course) shuts-off. It stays off when...
2
2

RCA 25" TV Dead After Power Outage
Gentlemen, I have a 25" RCA TV, model #F25651BL / Chassis #CTC177AG. After a power outage due to a thunderstorm, my set is now completely dead. It was plugged in but not on at the time. I don't hear...
3
3

Tips How to Reinstall P4 CPU & Heat Sink or Separate P4 CPU from Heat Sink?
Have a Dell 2350 that removed the P4 CPU & Heat Sink. Thought they would easily separate but did not and both came off together with the CPU lever locked. Have not figured out how to reinstall with...
4
4

OT: exploring inside an LCD backlight area
For a laptop if different in a TV. Is there a specific name for those sheets of diffuser/refractor plastic. Look like a conflation of "straightened" Fresnel lens and stationary image of TV picture...
3
3

tv vertical deflection problem MAGNUM PT2 chassis
Should have been an easy repair, this. TV is a mid 90s MAGNUM 5520 VT, PT2 CHASSIS . A supermarket (german Aldi) special I believe. It came to me a couple of years ago with sound but no picture....
3
3

Heathkit QM1 Q meter
I picked this meter up the other day. It came from a school lab and appears to have been taken care of. It also has the original external factory supplied calibration coil as well. I have been able to...
3
3

OBIT: Tony Sale almost one-man-band Colossus computer rebuilder
Tony Sale obituary Computer scientist behind the rebuilding of the wartime code-breaking Colossus Tony Sale, who has died aged 80, was responsible for rebuilding the second world war Colossus...

Whose logo is this ?
On a 75mm slider pot from a powered mixer. It's basically a letter "M" , but with the bottoms of the 'legs' curled under towards the middle 'point'. "M" is enclosed in a square with rounded corners....
5
5

SHARP TV, CA10 chassis - lights on, no-one home
This Tv (a CRT SHARP 63DS-05SN), when started form cold, will sometimes work normally, but mostly you get the EHT and heaters on, no audio and a blank raster. raising the SCREEN gives the expected...

slider pot mystery
mono slider but 6 pins plus frame anchors 3 of the pins are the pot function , 2 one end and one the other. The other 2 plus 1 are dummies. Inside, the slider is split into 2 . One wiper doing the...
1
1

Yellow Glue strikes again
** I had hoped that the dreaded Yellow Glue peril had gone away - but it is still with us. Most of you will have seen it holding parts down to PCBs on Asian made equipment and many of those will have...
33
33

Why do some manufacturers wrap the electrolytic capacitor that gets the hottest in a switching power supply in shrink wrap?
Extron has been doing this for years and of course it is the first part to fail in their units. Smart Technologies Sympodium power supplies, that they have contract built in China, fail in a year or...
19
19