Subject Author Posted Replies

Tutorial - how to locate the basic test points of an unfamiliar HDD PCB
This tutorial in intended to show how one may determine the test points for the onboard DC-DC converters, spindle motor, voice coil motor (VCM), and preamp supply rails of an unfamiliar HDD PCB. We...

HDD TVS diode FAQ
The purpose of this FAQ is to address a question that pops up on a regular basis at various storage forums. The usual scenario is that a hard drive has been overvolted, either as a consequence of a...

CRT TV repair, power supply defect.
I have a phillips 29 inch tv(model PT4423) which lost power suddenly. After replacing a shorted chopper transistor in the switching circuit and two open resistors the TV came back to live with another...
18
18

Harma 6L6GCSTR valve problem
So called Superior Grade Cryo Work ok and test ok but in use and the tester there is low insertion/extraction force in the sockets. Dragon's teeth hold them in place ok, so will not fall out....
6
6

Can someone help to identify this prewar capacitor?
Probably used for telephone devices or similar, seems to be a MP metal paper design, from 1936? It is rated at 650V and has a 0.25uF capacity (still, just tested). I have not found out who the...
16
16

Panasonic KX-TG210AL-B 2.4GHz phone service manual
Could anyone point me to a free service manual for a Panasonic KX-TG210AL-B 2.4GHz cordless telephone? Anything similar to KX-TG210 will probably do, eg TG200, TG210A, TG210B, TG210C, maybe even...
2
2

Can't find datasheet or pinout for this IC
"360-2002B" 16-DIP. Google shows surplus inventory and e-Pain shows: (Yes, I PM'd them and no, they don't know what it is...) Funny, so many are willing to sell them to you but can't tell you what it...
4
4

Anyone have experience with Element Electronics? 40 inch Monitor?
Anyone have experience with the 40 inch screen from Element Electronics? ELGFT401, or such I can't seem to find much about this company. Where made? Reliability? Regards, Robert
2
2

unkown power supply
Hi all, I have found an old SMPS I'd like to revive. It is marked as triumph-adler model CTNA (100-240V AC input). It doesn't seem to start, maybe it needs an external connection to start, it has a...

TL064 in PV 212 Deuce, VT Series, 1980
TI IC marked SN99661 and 70400604 and 604 on the schematic A number of people (out there) enquiring about work-around of replacement with 4016 or 4066 but no reports found of reported success. The...
11
11

AIWA AD-F810 3-Head Tape Deck
Hello, all. After not using the subject cassette deck for several years I decided to use it (with a computer) to convert a number of cassettes to mp3s. Previously this deck had been trouble-free (I...
3
3

Need Source for very very very small 54 pin connector
I've searched all over and come up empty for a source for a small connector I need. This connector is similar to that used to connect cell phone LCD displays to the phone circuit board. It has 54...
3
3

Arcade monitor has intermittent Blue
Although I'm no expert, I'm trying to repair the monitor inside an arcade cabinet. It's a Selti 22.0244.2. The problem is a low blue on the screen, that from time to time will flash "good" just for a...
5
5

Video Interferes with Audio
I have a MacBook Pro that I use as an Entertainment Center. The video out is connected to an Analog TV by a mini-dvi -> S-Video adapter. The audio is connected from the Mac's earphone output to the...
9
9

Fiery epoxy ... !!
A few weeks back, I bought some two part rapid epoxy in a twin syringe arrangement, from the local 99p shop - and very good it is too, if you can stand the smell. Today, I needed to have some of it go...
5
5