Subject Author Posted Replies

Why is there a thermistor in the power door lock circuit.
What would the role of a thermistor be in the power door lock circuit of a car? It's in series with the door lock "motor", which might be a solenoid or maybe a rotating motor. Is it possible that it...
10
10

WEEE Directive penalises small UK producers
If you are a small producer affected by the WEEE regulations you may be concerned enough to read this. Otherwise please excuse the post - it's rather long by necessity, but isn't intended to be spam....

CD repeat play problem
3 disc JVC MX D 752 machine. CDs play fine in each tray including stepping forward and back part or whole tracks, but if you wish to replay a whole CD then you have to select tuner or tape momentarily...

Kill-o-watt meter used on computer UPS - bad readings?
What does the meter read, if you connect the computer to it directly, and entirely bypass the UPS? Most of these consumer-grade "UPS" systems are *not*. That is, they aren't "uninterruptable" - they...
2
2

Electromagnetic spectrum – illusion and absurdity
You need to stop feeding the 'Fritz' troll. -- You can't have a sense of humor, if you have no sense.
13
13

splice fail
My Sennheiser HD 202 headphones developed a short in one channel about ~8" = from the plug. I cut the wire before and afterwards, joined the wire, tes= ted and didn't experience any sound. I...
12
12

Bruel + Kjaer 2203 service data?
Hi everyone.... I am looking for service information for a Bruel and Kjaer Sound Level Meter type 2203. The one I have has the Serial No. 887512 and so is a late version with a FET (rather than...
1
1

Sony TV remote
Hi, I have a sony KDL-40S2010 LCD TV, it works just fine. However the remote RM YD005 is failing again. It works but you have to use extra force and wiggle the buttons to get it to operate. Poorest...
7
7

stupid, stupid, stupid -- part II
Following up on Arfa's self-mockery... The Sony D-FJ75TR is a classic Discman. A very-low-drain two-AA-cell player that runs about 25 hours on high-capacity NiMH cells, it can be literally slammed...
2
2

Where do I find rechargeable batteries?
Google is filled with firms offering standard rechargeable batteries, but not those I need. Can anyone give me a hint, where I can find cells length 34mm and diameter 22,2 mm regards Ebbe normark(x)...
4
4

Any landing you walk away from...
"Jamie" = Maynard A. Philbrook, radio ham KA1LPH and total fuckwit ** Wot absurd craplogy. .... Phil
241
241

Panasonic SA-HT70 rear speakers not working
I've checked connections numerous times, so I know its not the wiring. I switched out the speakers and still nothing so its not the speakers. I'm assuming maybe its a capacitor. any help?
1
1

Unknown device "3B" on motor drive boards.
Greeetings, group. Lately I've been repairing motor drive boards for variable-frequency 3-phase AC motors. (These typically use a diode bridge to rectify 120VAC to 160VDC, then feed the 160VDC into a...
17
17

Ever felt stupid ... ?
I had a Hartke combo on the bench today. Owner is a keyboard player, and reckons that he blows the tweeter fuse regularly, and as a result, the fuseholder was getting slack and intermittent, so could...
36
36

EIA-198-D capacitance codes
I'm sorry if the following is common knowledge, but I was recently deciphering the marking codes on an smd tantalum capacitor and I chanced upon this datasheet: Page 3 tabulates the EIA-198D two-digit...
1
1