Subject Author Posted Replies

Philips TV -- dual schottky
Model number is 19pfl3403 (a real dog I understand) -- anyway, not getting 5.2v but around 4. I'm not a repair guy but electronics is my life and looks like it may be the dual schottky rectifier --...
2
2

Cyclic rattle and squeek in felt slip clutches
As the problem has been around all the decades ,from tape decks reel-to-reel via cassette to VCR, I assume there is no cure other than replace with unobtanium parts. But in case anyone here has any...

Akai AD-6300 cassette deck spares
I'm about to throw away an Akai AD-6300 cassette deck. If anyone needs spares, let me know soon. Here is a photo (not mine): - Franc Zabkar
4
4

A basic question about electric heaters
My neighbor was telling me that his oil filled radiator type space heater is more efficient than the kind with a fan and heating coils. I told him that there is no difference, that all the electricity...
11
11

Simple tone control?
I'd like to add a simple op amp-based tone control circuit to my preamp for desktop speakers & sub that I'm modifying from stock. This is the simplest I found: (I have +/- supplies so I will be...
28
28

Editing a pdf file ...
OK. So I've got a manual from a company that I'm doing some work for. It's a pdf file, nice quality images. I want to combine a few of the images, to create composite pages that I can print out tiled...
14
14

Sharp GF 990G ghetto blaster
I will be renovating one of these next week, owner from new, was told only 100 came into the UK, probably 1982 from numerous IC "2.." datecodes. What is the use for the "sound processor" as no...
5
5

Repaired Harbor Freight digital caliper
I have two Harbor Freight digital calipers, item #47257, and I've had=20 problems with one of them especially, where the display will go blank. = It=20 seemed to work sometimes if I squeezed the...
115
115

Grandata
Dear Group Member Just to advise that Grandata is still running and certainly has not 'Gone down the pan', We are still one of the largest component suppliers in the Uk and have also added numerous...
2
2

HP 201C Oscillator Manual
Would anyone have a copy of the HP 210C Oscillator manual they could send me, the one I found online was missing many pages. Thanks Vin Collins jvcmarine at yahoo dot com
2
2

Is there some'secret' way to easily remove screw cap covers when dissassembling?
On IBM's Thinkpad T22 there are mounting screws that are covered by black color-matching plastic 'covers' These covers provide a csometically flush surface over the top of the screws. The covers...
17
17

Wanted: HP 3746A power transformer
Wanted to buy: Power transformer for HP 3746A Selective Level Measuring Set, HP p/n 03746-80101. Thanks, Curtiss

Digital Optical to Analog Converter
I just purchased a Panasonic Viera Plasma TV model TC-P42S30. Since it has no analog audio out for my legacy stereo, I purchased a FiiO Optical to Audio Converter Model D3, .But when I hooked it up to...
10
10

Ion it USB turntable
Got this thing in for repair. It has no output from either the RCA cables on line or phono out or the USB out. The interface board has a great deal of smt circuitry on it and I'm thinking that this is...
26
26

D-Logik HD66
D-Logik HD66 Does anyone have any experience with this cheapo budget projector. At switch on, the lamp lights and the fan runs but neither the panel buttons nor the remote control have no effect....
1
1