Subject Author Posted Replies

SMD top code graphics and other symbols
Other than hyphen is it only letters and numbers only for the type code? If some extended graphics symbol then is it date code or makers code or something other than type designation.? Faced with 4...
4
4

wanted: new VC for Fisher CA273 stereo amplifier
Does anyone know where I might find a slider-type volume control potentiometer for a Fisher CA273 stereo amplifier? The markings are: Noble 74190 15AM-100K(ohms) X2 and it is tapped for audio contour...
1
1

Types of lead-free solder
Still no industry standard? Which alloy do you like for repair of new boards?
10
10

Normal to Have Warm Outlet to Portable Oven?
Hi, When I use a portable roaster / oven, the outlet that I plug the cord into gets pretty warm, as well as the wire at the last few inches. The cord has only 2 prongs, not 3. I think the roaster is...
17
17

Panasonic Euro 4 Cogging - Please help
Hi I've got a Panasonic TX24DX1 tv with the Euro 4 chassis. There is slight cogging on the verticals, which I think may be caused by a fault (capacitor?) in the synch circuitry. Could anyone suggest...
3
3

How to adjust Volume control range on TV monitor?
I use Direct TV satellite receiver. For the monitor connected via HDMI camble: Element Electreonics 40 inch LCD, ELGFT401 After following all the setup, several things make NO sense. What is...
7
7

JFET identification
Hi all, Looking for a datasheet or any info on a FET used in a Keithley 2000 location Q105. The service manual lists it as: TRANS, N CHANNEL JFET, SNJ132199(SOT-23) It is marked with three digits...
5
5

Nakamichi CD Player 3 - needs to heat before it's able to read disc
Hi, I have a Nakamichi CD Player 3, circa 1992, that is a terrific player, but requires to be warmed up for about 1.5 hours before it is able to read the disc; After this point, then it works fine. I...
14
14

Aerial wifi antennae
Since HDTV came out, I basically get one different station in each room I move the TV to. Someone joked that the reason HDTV was invented was to force people off of aerial TV. Any anecdotes? I tried...
9
9

Curious longlived battery
ca 1995 I bought some 7yr diver watches from Woolworth. WHen they doed I tried to replace the battery but the entire watch was sealed in silicone and could not be salvaged. I had tied one of those...
11
11

Garmin vs Tomtom
I see advertisements for Garmin and TomTom GPS units, with lifetime map updates and same size 5" screens for the same prices. Does anyone have any experience with both units that can state a...
9
9

Help us to Improve childcare in India
Hello There, Greetings of the day!! Four of them (an XLRI MBA student, a doctor, an IIT Madras student, and an IT professional) along with 40+ champions =96 =95 They are dedicated to bring complete...

ASUS eeePC 701 problem and solution
My eeePC was very sick. On boot, it would spray the screen with random characters. If I did get a desktop, I found that I couldn't type several characters, like v and t. A USB keyboard worked...
2
2

Panasonic NV-J22 video output to Archos 5
I am hoping this question isnt too non-specific or the answer too obvious but I just shlepped this Panasonic multi-system TV which I originally brought from the US to UK back again to record lots of...
19
19

computer setup
I'm putting together a Pentium 233 to run some old programs I still use. The computer will have two floppy drives. A is a 1.44 and B is a 1.2 meg. There are two hard drives. C and D are on one...
16
16