Subject Author Posted Replies

Wifi tv outputs
Are there any Wi-Fi TVs with output that I can then send to another TV? In the models I"ve looked at, the only outputs are optical and IR-blaster, , and I suspecit they can't be converted to something...
2
2

Nakamichi DVD-15
You used to be able to buy a CD with a brush on it (really!) that would wipe dust off the lens. It could not, of course, remove impacted schmutz. Unless you smoke, or the player is in a dirty...
3
3

StagePass 300 Yamaha
Greetings folks Has anyone yet got to the bottom of the StagePass300 intermittent sound problem which seems to be endemic with the units these days. Sound cuts out intermittently, although the leds...
16
16

Toshiba p30 laptop power problem
Tbh I'm not really expecting any solutions other than "replace the mainboard" but I'll ask anyway in case someone has fixed the same problem... Short version: Toshiba P30-144 laptop. Mostly this thing...
2
2

PC power-on troubles
The PSU and mobo are a couple of years old, but previously tested good. They've been in storage, and I just put them in a new case. 5v standby is good. Power switch works and is in the right place....
9
9

Unusual Marshall amp fault
Considering all those personal names of testers/inspectors labelled inside. a 1962 from 2003. A history of blowing fuses then would work for months then blowing again. Is there a name for them , the...
7
7

Unusual keyboard fault
This made me laugh. I have a Korg SP200 digital piano in for repair that had a block of 8 keys not functioning. Took the offending keyboard PCB off to find the notes would work if the scanning lines...
3
3

Flashing LED on old Quantum HDD PCB
I have an old 5.25" Quantum Bigfoot CY6.4 hard drive which I want to use in an old PC. It was working some months ago when I hooked it up to a USB adaptor on a Ubuntu PC and backed up its contents....
20
20

Onkyo TX2500 mk II
I have an Onkyo TX2500 mk II receiver that I'm hoping to fix up for a friend, which is not working properly on AM or FM. Tuning to AM gives low frequency oscillation, and a cursory inspection shows...
8
8

Calibrating Wein (Honeywell) WP1000 Flash Meter
Anyone have info on adjusting this device? I have the owners manual, but that does not cover the multiple adjustments inside the meter. Using it to test a bunch of flash tube operated rifles and...
3
3

ART Tube MP Studio V3 Mic Instrument Preamp 12AX7A Valve Vacuum
I found this item listed in a eBag auction, listed as not-working missing parts etc. Chancing that the unit was repairable (how hard could it be? as they say on Top Gear) I bought said non-working...

LM7824CT replacement
I need to replace this TO220 regulator in a power supply I'm working on. The original is a "CT" suffix however looking through the books I see that there are several other versions of this part. The...
9
9

Oscilloscope 'floating' measurements
Many advocate the use of an isolating transformer. The oscilloscope probe and ground are then used like multimeter leads. Tektronix and others maintain this is a dangerous practice and may result in...
43
43

QAM tuner?
Well this is not about repair, but I don't know where else to ask it, and someone here will know. I still have an old CRT TV, which works fine, and I subscribe to Cox cable. Recently Cox has converted...
2
2

TO3 mounting query
In typing this I thought of a reason for it but will continue for any one else's input. I've never seen it before but seems quite sensible now I have a likely treason. 5 amp rated TO3 mounted through...
5
5