Subject Author Posted Replies

Dimmers & LEDs
I have a 150W bulb in my study with a dimmer. THe bulb slightly browns the ceiling. I am looking to putting in an LED but I keep seeing limitations referring to "leading edge dimmers". What is this? I...
15
15

What's Going To Happen To All My Stuff?
3
3

Power line indicator
Our area suffers from frequent blackouts, and many people including myself use generators, (manually) during these periods. It would be really helpful to know when the utility side of the circuit is...
36
36

Insignia is-pd040922 7" portable dvd player with "no disk"
have an Insignia is-pd040922 7" portable dvd player with "no disk" problem on all video dvd's. Have cleaned the lens, cleaned the sliding mechanism with no help. Tried with an Audio CD and this works...
9
9

Pincushioning on Philips Magnavox TV model MX2790 B101
The captioned TV has begun to show signs of pincushioning - lower horizontal edge curves upwards in the middle. Is this something that can be adjusted through the service menu, or is this more of a...
4
4

Tektronix 2467B Oscilloscope Error Codes
Hi, I am getting these error codes on startup on my Tektronix 2467B Scope. I get "CT Test 84 Fail 40" I don't think it is just a calibration error as I have been lead to beleive. After this you can...
4
4

Saeco (and similar) espresso coffee machine thermostats
Apologies for any duplicates - posting problem. Hi, all, I keep one of our three espresso coffee machines up and running (available that is, not actually brewing!) by cannibalizing the others and...
9
9

IBM PC isplay
anyone know if there is a device to convert old RT to LCD display?
3
3

Ampeg schematic ...
Does anyone by any chance have schematics for an Ampeg SVT3 Pro U. It's the "U" that's the tricky bit. This version has an additional board at the back, which produces a balanced / unbalanced line out...
1
1

Pc displays "out of range"
Hi my PC which was working alright was tampered by my kids and it only shows "OUT OF RANGE" on the monitor. How do I solve this problem? I'm using windows 7 and an LCD monitor. I've tried changing the...
11
11

Potentiometer fix?
The volume control of the cheapie Sony "transistor" AM FM radio I bought about a year ago does not operate smoothly at low volumes. Could I try spraying it with something, and if so, what do people...
27
27

Stagepas 300 , followup of sorts
Incase the poster a couple of weeks ago is still here. I mentioned in that thread a phone call from someone , who has now brought his in . He leant it to a "girlie , so of course she has no idea what...
1
1

Do CD cleaning discs actually clean? How?
A friend bought an old used SONY Radio/CD/Cassette. When he puts a CD in, it displays NO DISC, and ejects the CD. He thinks it's dirty, and I'm in favor of cleaning things, and I even have a CD...
8
8

VOX AC100cp
** Hi, I have a VOX AC100cp ( Chines made) on the bench - it is about 6 years old. It has all its original parts but is in a very bad way. The known faults are: 1. One (Ruby) EL34 has lost vacuum. 2....
16
16

Breville SHM2 kitchen mixer, probably 2008
Nothing working , neither motor, 1Meg across mains "on or off". No obvious water ingress, nasty smells, or burning. 24 segment armature, .2mm wire , 25 to 27 ohm across brushes for 1 rev. Beater motor...
5
5