Subject Author Posted Replies

boosting power output of solar panels
I am by far NOT a super smart man. but is there a way to boost the power output of a solar panel?
4
4

Belkin F9H100vukcw mains surge protector, 2010
Used with an amp with mains drop out occassionally, after an hour or so of use but nothing found wrong with the amp and no reported problems with the mains. Anyone aware of problems with these...
2
2

LED Series Christmas Lights
I recently was given two strings of LED blue/white Christmas lights. The bulbes are in series, with 35 lights in each string. There are also a couple of lumps in the series lines. They appear to be...
38
38

Help locating source of connector?
This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing...
7
7

The day before Christams
The day before Christmas, and all through the shop, all was a crisis, with problems non-stop. Nothing was working, and all claimed they'll wait, for Fedex arriving, with parts that were late. The...

Xmas.
1
1

OT: interoperability of NetGear XET1001 and Asoka PL9650-ETH Powerline Ethernet Adaptors
As far as I can tell, the Netgear is on the HomePlug 1.0 standard and the Asoka is on the HomePlug AV standard, which are not interoperable. Can anyone confirm and perhaps point to a more suitable...

A little fun to lighten these dark times ...
It never ceases to amaze me what comes through the workshop door. This week's bizarre item - taken in for me to look at by a music shop !! - was a strange sort of 'Dalek' thingy on four castors. About...
16
16

Will flat, modular, outsde the wall phone wire run DSL for 50 feet?
Will flat, modular, outsde the wall phone wire run DSL for 50 feet? Or do I need thicker wire? I have consistently slow download speeds on low-speed DSL based on the Verizon line-test and and the one...
28
28

tba450 IC data?
Hi all, I'm trying to repair an old radio receiver, it has a missing IC, from the schematic this should be a TBA 450, but I haven't been able to find any data on this IC. Does anyone have a datasheet...
5
5

Breaking epoxy glue spots before desoldering ICs
Say 100 plus SMD IC with 8 or so glue spots under Anyone have a successful method of using that hole in the pcb, if present. I force in 2 of the smallest jeweller's blades but I'm not convinced they...
6
6

Panasonic TH-46PZ85U plasma 15V SOS
Hi folks. Giving this another try. Getting the two blink code - 15V SOS. Manual says to check the D board. I have. I get about 3.5V on pin #62 (I think this is the pin) of the panel Micro, which I...

DVD Drive motor power
Working on a friends Goldstar GBV441 DVD/RW/CD/RW-VHS/RW unit. The DVD motor does not spin. . . I did cut one wire on the DVD drive motor...it showed resistance. Just to be sure (cheapo multimeter) I...
8
8

AA Battery Pole Reversal
Subject says it all. I pulled and tested the two name brand AA cells in my dead MagLite and found one cell reading weak and the other with the poles reversed-- negative at the top nipple, positive at...
4
4

Repair or adjustment of a Philips Brilliance 17A
Folk, A photo of a small portion of the screen of a Philips Brilliance 17A CRT computer monitor is here. Notice the green ghost to the right of any dark area. Also, the generally poor focus. I've...
4
4