Subject Author Posted Replies

Help! I've burned up 3 SATA drives today
I got a used computer on Saturday at a yard sale. I bought it for the case, although it came with a motherboard and power supply but no drives or video card. I put a video card into the machine, along...
31
31

Sata Power cable adapter question
I noticed that power supplies that provide SATA cables have 5 wires going to the drive. In order the colors are yellow-black-red-black-orange. The little cables that connect to the IDE molex...
4
4

RU Familiar with ASUS P5WDH Deluxe Motherboard?
This is a socket 775 motherboard for Intel Core 2 or Pentium CPUs. I have never been able to get the IDE and SATA drives to work together. No problem if I set up for only SATA or only IDE, but not...
2
2

SK & ECG Replacement Guides
Does anyone know of a site (please, no sites that require registration or creating an account; I'm tired of the spam and account hijacking) where I can download a PDF of the RCA SK and/or the Sylvania...
2
2

Isolation transformer draws excessive current under no load condition
Hi all, Is there any reason that a 120VAC to 120VAC isolation transformer would draw 2.54A on its primary when there is no load present on it's secondary? Part reference: datasheet: I finally got...
52
52

Pioneer sx-727 FM problem
Hi, I have a Pioneer sx-727. I'm the original owner over 40 years. Recently developed fm problem. Loud crackling sound on fm station and then station drifts. No noise at all between stations. AM...
7
7

DC motor problems
A 1/2(?) horsepower 2-brush DC motor was having bearing issues so I disassembled it and replaced the ball bearings, turned down the commutator on a lathe, and installed new original equipment brushes....
48
48

Dead Canon PowerShot A75
I guess the little camera is 5 years old or so... but last week skiing at 11K feet it worked fine for 2 days then it crapped out. This thing is dead like someone took the batteries out... press the on...
14
14

Increasing Cable TV signal strength
In message , amdx writes Despite your long 170ft drop cable, were you getting good analogue signals before the change to digital? If so, it could be that something is not right. Normally, even if you...
78
78

Nikon Coolscan III problems
I have a Nikon Coolscan III (LS-30) film scanner that has worked flawlessly since I purchased it new about twelve years ago. Now, however it is giving a few problems in that the carriage appears to...
28
28

Keyboard Issue With Some Old Laptop Computers
Hi, I have serviced TVs, Stereos, VCRs, etc. for many years. I have worked on my own computers, but I have never been able to fix a keyboard on any of my old laptops. The problem is a few keys do not...
2
2

Yammy Schems, anyone ?
Anyone got any schematics for the Yamaha P7000S amp ? I'm particularly in need of the bit around the SMPS ... TIA Arfa
4
4

Finding datasheet for a chip
I recently bought a heating pad which has a "feature" which shuts the heat off after 2 hours. Virtually all pads seem to be made this way now, unfortunately. I would like to defeat this. I can...
5
5

Grundig Satellit 300
After operating OK since the repairs I did after dropping a curtain pole on this radio a month or so back, the LCD is playing up. If I perform an operation that clears the display, and enter an 8...
6
6

magnavox 26md357
first i have a trouble playing dvd's in this unit. i thought it is dirty sensor. but reading a couple posts on line about multiple troubles with this unit i am thinking maybe circuit issues. I am...
3
3