Subject Author Posted Replies

Sony audio discussion group
Does anyone know of any discussion groups specifically tailored to high end audio specifically Sony? I need to find a special remote for a receiver that I just repaired and thought that those might be...

Datasheetarchive
Anybody notice the new annoyance at If the datasheet is on their servers, they now require Captcha. *groan* Datasheet Search Engine - 350 million electronic component datasheets from 8500...
3
3

Who manufactures the hearing aid chips?
Could someone inform us who are the largest designers and or manufactures of hearing aid chips and for what brands?
8
8

More "Universal" IR Remote Control
Video projector without an IR R/C , originals or substitute not available and cannot access the presets. Setting a One-for-all so-called universal, URC 3445 in search mode ellicited nothing in...
8
8

Toshiba DVD Recorder D-R4 tray sensor prob
Trying to remove a jammed disc in the tray, I broke a sensor mounted near the front of the drive chassis. Pics here: I googled the sensor part #, no joy. It's too damaged to determine it's function. A...
1
1

Maxxum 7, 35mm film camera shutter repair.
I have a 7 year old Maxxum 7 film camera. Intermittently, when the shutter is depressed the shutter doesn't click though you here some softer noises instead. It's almost like the mechanism is staging...
11
11

Sony STR-DA555ES surround receiver need remote
I had this receiver given to me without the remote. I just got it working and I've learned that the remote that goes with this unit is a special two way unit with an LCD window. It is also quite...
1
1

Schematic For Recotron Wireless Speakers?
These things were also sold under the Advent and Radio Shack name. They run on 900 MHz. I have the owner's manual, but it doesn't include any repair info. I actually want to bypass RF and just use...
13
13

Mix wiz diagrams
After fruitlessly searching via Google with no hits, I tried Bing. Sucess first time! Ron Allen & Heath is a leading designer and manufacturer of mixing desks for live sound, permanent installation,...

TA7317P output protection
Has anyone encountered fake TA7317P devices? I've just replaced one in an Electro Voice 81PMX powered mixer but the output relay still doesn't turn on. Meter readings after replacement made no sense...
33
33

CRT size vs anode voltage?
I need a 10-15KV supply for an electronic air filter. Thought I'd pick up a free CRT TV and take the anode supply out. What's a typical relationship between CRT size and anode voltage? Alternative...
10
10

Special 10% log taper audio potentiometers?
I'm fixing an old amplifier (Mission Cyrus StraightLine) replacing the 20K dual gang volume control. It looks like a fairly standard 17mm PCB mount job, but I can't locate the D-type / 10A logarithmic...
3
3

Alternative to test tapes for cassette player speed ?
25 years ago I had access to a professional audio-visual studio and managed to record a couple of tapes with crystal derived 1KHz sine tones on a calibrated cassette deck. Since then I've mangled one...
7
7

Weird speaker problem
Hi I have a weird speaker problem. These are the speakers of a mini stereo system. The speakers are kind of old. We are talking 10+ years. Generally they work fine. But if I somehow touch/move the...
5
5

RCA 27" TV Ch M134C Service Menu Information
Hi, I have in my service shop, an RCA TV 27V412T chassis M134C that I can not set the TV sound for stereo. It stays in "MONO" (on a channel with stereo sound) . I can change the sound mode (eg....
4
4