Subject Author Posted Replies

HP Laserjet bumper sticker remover
I bought an HP LaserJet 2300dtn on eBay for much less than usual price. I soon discovered why it was so cheap. A past owner had embalmed the printer in layers of bumper stickers, pogs, labels, and...
56
56

Old LCD worth repairing?
My 32" Polaroid LCD tv just got the black screen. Sound is good and channel changing works...just the video...It is pretty old as it cost over $900 when I got it, so that dates it 12 plus years I...
7
7

UK Customs and test equipment
Just ordered new on Ebay a cheap DSOscilloscope ~£300, source is China via Hong Kong - delivery expected approx 14 days post via DHL or similar - just wondered what can be expected as far as customs...
5
5

Transistor ID HELP!
Hi guys can anyone ID this transistor? It appears to be SK TF640m if so what is it exactly and are there substitutes that I can get for it? Thanks so much!
4
4

poor man's pot track cleaner ?
MM Electronics MP175 16 channel mixer , probably the bee's knees in its time 1978. Minor electronic problem , as only 741s , no great problem. Also one pot needs replacing but all the pots slider and...
14
14

Sony flat screen four blink code question
This is my son's set. It was given to him about six months ago by someone who didn't know what the four links most likely meant. I removed the fan, disassembled it, cleaned the shaft and bushing with...
3
3

OT Grumpy old man. Moan mutter grumble ...
Question for our leftpondian cousins. Do you have trouble with DIY fitted headlamp bulbs over there ? Back in the day, we had simple bulbs that fitted in a simple holder, that fitted easily into the...
22
22

Raspberry Pi test equipment ideas?
When he gets one , on order, a friend will make an audio analyser. If I had the time I'd try making a nearer universal exerciser/interrogator/hacker for IR remote control receivers that do not respond...
3
3

Correct URL for LG Optimus PCB problem
the photo of the pcb is located at previous posts regarding problem. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rudeco,
1
1

To go along with previous post about LG Optimus Damaged PCB
Heres the photo link of the damaged PCB in question. Notice the upper right side behind charger port. Ive already removed the burned out diode and laid it along the power rail in the photo. What are...
6
6

Anyone with expierience in cell phone PCBs please contact me asap.
I have an LG Optimus Slider android phone that has a burned out diode just inside the board behind the charger port. I will forward a pic of the board upon request, but am trying to find someone who...
1
1

White "fungus" around a ni-cad
What exactly is it and what , if any, damage does it do to anything adjascent/ same box. Thurlby DSA524, digital scope adaptor From 1987 . Nickel dendrites like Tin whiskers ? Went to use it for the...
14
14

connect a large wire to a car's temperature gauge
Hi. I want to use a car's temperature gauge and sender in order to measure the temperature of the water going through an installation at home. The reason is that if it works, this setup would be...
2
2

More Avast Woes ... ?
I've just got back from a vacation, during which time this machine has been on, so presumably updating as normal, and now I've got problems with my email connection, and again, it seems to be Avast!...
6
6

Old Pioneer schems ...
Hi all Anyone by any chance got schematics for an old Pioneer unit type DC-X55Z ? Only need the bit around the output hybrid and its power supplies, I think. The hybrid has audio going in at both...
4
4