Subject Author Posted Replies

Booting problem - Toshiba Netbook NB200
ng Maybe try an OS with more uptime :) I've no idea re the fault, best to ask on
21
21

Brunetti combo ...
Very slim chance. Not holding out a lot of hope, but does anyone by any remote chance, have a schematic for a Brunetti Maranello combo ? I've tried emailing them tonight to see if I can get a response...
1
1

Images
What image upload facility is recommended to share part of a scanned schematic? Old guy
1
1

Watkins Westminster combo from 1964
As this one one of the rare 2x10 inch speaker ones. 4 plus 2 valves does not agree with the schematics I've found so far out there, any pointers? Not safely in a position to remove the valves yet but...
7
7

the importance of truly clean contacts
The following might be of interest. More likely it will provoke a "Duh. I knew that." response. Since last July, I've had occasional problems with my cell phone's charger. The plug sometimes refused...
36
36

Multiple switch mode power supplies
Hopefully a hypothetical assuming cannot repair a small SMPS in a 1U case. Assuming 3 of those little "plug-top" , I don't know the generic name, "phone charger" SMPS can have the usual fudge of...
8
8

Does such an item exist....
Hi All, I'm looking for the equivalent of a fox and hound for electrical outlets - I'd like to plug something into an outlet in my house, then go out to the circuit breaker, and have a 'probe' that I...
28
28

Help with basic elec. motor stuff
So my little 2-speed fan just stops running. I workbench it and try to figure what the problem might be. It's getting power. Nothing appears to be burnt. Can anyone identify the type of elec. motor in...
14
14

Nutless wonder
I saw something in an auto repair magazine the other day that really intrigued me. This was a coil of some sort, (and these come in different sizes), that you put over a rusted nut. It claims to heat...
17
17

End of a little piece of history ...
Sad to learn of the passing of Jim Marshall this week, after him not being very well for some time now. He was 88 years old. I know that we are sometimes less than kind on here about some of his...
6
6

DS-203 3.0 LCD Mini Oscilloscope data download
Hi everyone, I have a few questions about ds-203 that I am not able to find by myself: Is it possible to save data sampled by this kind of little scope on a computer? What could be the length (time)...
1
1

World's worst soldering ?
Probably the worst bit of "soldering" i've ever seen on Citronic Digi 16P mixer amp, Made in China it says on the rear. An intermittant fault with one channel speaker, the wires 2.7mm diameter over...
5
5

NiMH charger recommendations?
First of all, this is a request for a *recommendation*, not a request for someone to do Google searches for me. - - - I need a charger for AA, AAA, and 9v batteries. Four of the AA or AAA at a time is...
16
16

A Good Battery Recharger
Just some info for anyone looking for low cost battery chargers, I have = gone through a few chargers over the years and most lasted 5 years - or = until the first time it was hit or dropped. I have...

Current transformer help please
I have a CNC lathe, a Miyano, that I just bought. The machine was made in the early 90s. I ran it in a different shop for the last year and it worked fine. The shop had only single phase power...
7
7