2070 diode sub?

can 1 sub a 4007 diode for a 2070? its a simple delay circuit on a coil with a capacitor

thanks

Reply to
mhooker32

I don't see why not. The 4007 is rated for more voltage and current.

Seems like there must be over 50 dioides that are rated in the range of

100 to 1000 volts and arund 1 amp. I don't know why they have to have so many to do a simple job.

It reminds me of a company that makes fuses. They have about a dozen types and holders for each amp rating. The factory man said it was so they could advertise they had a fuse andholder for many applications.

Just a way to get a company to stock about 5 times as many fuses for spares.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery