20,000 Watt, 5000 Lb Stereo Amplifier (Only $50,000).

FROM:

Now, ***THIS*** is what I call a SOUND SYSTEM !!!

(For STEREO, you'll need 2 of these)

Total audio output power (for two amps), 20KW. Tube filaments operate 6 volts @ 60 amps (each tube) Weight 5000 lbs

230 or 460 vac, 3 phase MAINS power required to operate. Speakers *NOT* included.

No schematic on website (Damnit).

ONLY $50,000 plus S+H.

The WL-5736 output tubes can be seen here:

Or buy one tube on ebay for $1665.00 plus $50 Shipping.

[Web Quote]

(EQP) WEST-FG-10
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
oldschool

FROM:

Now, ***THIS*** is what I call a SOUND SYSTEM !!!

(For STEREO, you'll need 2 of these)

Total audio output power (for two amps), 20KW. Tube filaments operate 6 volts @ 60 amps (each tube) Weight 5000 lbs

230 or 460 vac, 3 phase MAINS power required to operate. Speakers *NOT* included.

No schematic on website (Damnit).

ONLY $50,000 plus S+H.

The WL-5736 output tubes can be seen here:

Or buy one tube on ebay for $1665.00 plus $50 Shipping.

[Web Quote]

(EQP) WEST-FG-10
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Gareth Magennis

938

I think you're off by a decimal place unless the exchange rate has changed!

Reply to
ohger1s

938

Does it come with a bridge? Usually stories like this involve the sale of a bridge.

Reply to
stratus46

Does it come with a bridge? Usually stories like this involve the sale of a bridge.

Those are vacuum cleaner watts.

Reply to
tom

I think you're off by a decimal place unless the exchange rate has changed!

Oops, so I am. Typo in translation

15 thousand of your US dollars will get you 20kW per side bridged, if you have an appropriate 3-phase supply.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

I think I remember seeing that same ad on the same store site probably going on ten years ago now. How many of them do they have? Are they still trying to sell the same one?

Reply to
bitrex

still trying to sell the same one? "

They must have a warehouse full of them. You know how strong the demand is. Everyone wants to put three phass power in their house right ? Around here you pay for that, not the power company. It is not cheap and is actually n ot available in most residential areas here.

And no mention of speakers. I am selling my Phase Linear because it blew so many speakers. What (watt) are we talking here ? A thousand speakers that can handle what, a couple thousand apiece ? That'll make you neighbors happ y, and I mean even if you are on a farm.

Things like this are made for like Woodstock. Not even to be used in the ci ty. Nice to imagine having one, but thing about the speakers.

And the cops. I have been in jail for a loud stereo. One day and actually i t was not bad. But still, I would have had a better time at hoe because the re was beer there.

Reply to
jurb6006

so many speakers. What (watt) are we talking here ? A thousand speakers tha t can handle what, a couple thousand apiece ?

I am presently running an amp capable of 500 watts into its speakers (Citat ion 16 into Maggies). I can (and do) play at any volume I would care to - t hat is I could tolerate without ear damage - and without clipping. I have n o worries about speaker damage. The Citation 16, while not quite in the Pha se Linear 700B class, certainly is in the 400 class.

I use regularly two brute-force amps, both HK products (Citation 16 & 19). Again I can (and do) run *LOUD* and have never, repeat, never damaged a spe aker thereby. This is not to mention the several other amp & speaker combin ations in the inventory.

I suspect user-error.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

God that must sound terrible. I would never even contemplate buying amps made in Hong Kong (or mainland China for that matter). And I'd certainly never admit it in a newsgroup! I still think the best combo by far is Scandanavian amps like B&O coupled with English speakers such as Celestion, Tannoy, KEF & so forth. YMMV.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

HK in this case refers to Harmon Kardon, not Hong Kong.

Reply to
Mike Paff

And made in Plainfield, Long Island, New York.

The only pacific rim audio equipment I use are CD changers from Sony, Japan. The rest is US or Euro in origin.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I used to have an Onkyo TX-2500 mk2 receiver from around 1978; I thought it was pretty nice! for being a "low-end" Japanese receiver from that era. Got lost in a move I think, wish I knew what happened to it...

Reply to
bitrex

NOT OVER 24k ?

I TRIED ONE AT Farragut. 9 0R 12 HORN CONES. LOUD. ACROOSS THE RIVER N THRU THE WOODS NO PROBLEM ...EXPECT THE RIG WAS PRE ADJUSTED TO NOT BREAK GLASS...PROB KOREAN SURPLUS.

PLEASED FINDING EVERYONE WAS AMUSED.

Reply to
avagadro7

what the f*ck.