Subject Author Posted Replies

Cleaning keyboards & mice & phonesa with alchol
I googled and found that alcohol is a non conductor. why? Why is rubbing alcohol not conductive? The articles said nothing is completely non conductive but using rubbing alcohol while things are...
32
32

Lumenair 9200psu
Anyone had any dealings with this psu, or have a circuit diagram ?
8
8

USB-A charging brick voltages of 12V & 9V & 5.2V & 5.0V & 4.6V
Are the multivoltage smarts in the phone or in the USB-A charging brick? In my wall wort box were a dozen USB charging bricks. Removing the duplicates, the varying voltages & current outputs were...
1
1

Studer reel to reel repair?
Anyone know of someone anywhere near SE Michigan that does repairs on pro reel to reel tape decks?
1
1

I can't find my remote
I can't find my electronic remote. I had it only a few days ago. But now I can't even find it. Where can it be?
16
16

Fun Definitions Found Recently
1 Ohm. Was defined as the resistance of a column of mercury (at the temperature of melting ice) of a uniform cross-section of 1 square millimeter and a length of 106.30 centimeters. 1 Volt. Was...

Heat source from 24v ac solution
I need a resistor idea or lightbulb to get some heat to keep a camera warm. the supply voltage in the camera is 16-24 ac and if it can be the size of a aa battery or smaller . Thanks for any ideas.
10
10

Calibration procedure of HEATHKIT IM-2202
Hi all out there.... I've got an old Digital multimeter that need an calibration. It's a HEATHKIT model: IM-2202. I found a schematic on the net, but no calibration procedure. I think I could find...
2
2

solidifying toroid core position and windings?
I just finished making up a multi order HF band pass filter for one of my ham radio bands. A friend wants me to make one up and send it to him too. I'm leary of this because I used toroid cores....
8
8

What's the tangible difference to the user of Docsys 3.0 vs Docsys 3.1
*What's the tangible difference to the user of Docsys 3.0 vs Docsys 3.1?* The only disadvantage, that I can think of, to owning your own modem is that it's most likely locked to Docsys 3.whatever (at...
1
1

Need recommendation for USB power analyzer tool.
I have various USB chargers, cords, and portable devices around the house. One of my devices, a Kindle Fire from around 2013, which works fine, seems to have a nonlinear charging rate. Maybe that's...
24
24

SMD recommendations for tip, temperature and solder alloy and width?
Title says it all. I have a few SMD repairs to do, but don't have much to start with. Don't want to have to shell out big $ just to make a few repairs. I already have one of the Ebay 60 watt...
8
8

question about expander compressor IC
Hi. I currently have access to a compressor/ expander IC: want to bypass the expander during testing. Page 3 there describes each pin function. Pin 6 is "EXP Mute." It says for "L" state, expander...

HiFi system too loud, LA4280 amplifier IC questions
I have an HiFi system SABA CT9810 (also sold as THOMSON VTM 2800/2900, CRK 1207, BRANDT MID 3000, TELEFUNKEN POWER PACK 200) where the volume control does not allow low enough volume levels, the first...

why hiss in my wireless mic system?
I know the answer might seem obvious (getting closer, checking connections, etc) but this has me stumped. I recently acquired an older 170 Mhz based Radio Shack wireless mic and receiver for an...
3
3