Subject Author Posted Replies

Auto TV Picture Adjustment - VIR In the Digital Age?
In the 1970s, GE devised a method to automatically correct luminance and chroma imbalances occurring in the broadcast chain between studio, transmitter, and consumer receiver: For whatever reason, by...
67
67

DVD drawer will not open
Toshiba SD6100 DVD Player With cover off or not. No DVD is in drawer. Can see inside. Hit OpenClose front panel button and drawer moves slightly forward then back. Looks like an attempt to open but...
9
9

OT: Ways to read hidden lettering?
Situation is wishing to read some black gloss-painted letters over white emulsion painted plaster, but for a few decades has been covered by wallpaper. Setting is a commercial premises that permission...
56
56

Help with LCD monitor problem
Today I received a used LCD monitor that I bought via a forum. My nephew lives in the same city as the previous owner and checked it out for me before paying for it and then shipping it to me. It must...
5
5

One last ESR question
Okay, I know that electrolytics are the most likely to fail. However why do the manufacturers of ESR meters discuss ONLY electrolytics? do ceramics etc. not have an "equivalent series resistance"? Can...
20
20

Any idea how to jury rig a dirty water pump to drain the last 3 inches?
Have you ever dealt with a dirty water pump that just wouldn't drain the last few inches? Is there a simple solution? I bought a 1 HP Harbor Freight 69300 dirty water pump to drain a green pool but it...
15
15

old conner hard drive wanted
hi was wondering if anyone has an old old conner hard drive please Need to salvage some parts Please get in touch Thanks
3
3

DIY cushion for bread machine
We have a bread machine. The pan fits into a socket inside the machine, with a small gasket to keep it tight. The parts places all call it a cushion. We lost it. The machine still works, but it...
6
6

Soft pulley on Numark MP102, DJ CD/MP3 pitch shifter
Just a perished band for the tray drive ,only 5 years old, but query about the first driven pulley after the motor pulley. Heavy brown staining of transluscent plastic, presumably plasticiser leeching...

Which steel rod would have the least sag/twist/flex of a 4' stretch
On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 10:49:22 AM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote in Coat hangers are also good for replacing 9 wire as drop-in light supports to Hilti straps (for drop ceilings).

Non-Dremmel, brass collet chuck replacements?
Unfortunately I've broken one on my Aldi/Workzone one and have robbed a "replacement" from my reserve "dremel" as i bought 2 at the same time. And the Dremel collets are not compatible. Otherwise...
3
3

Warlow Bradley radio
Jesus Interiano 9988 Judi Ave. Baton Rouge La. 70815
3
3

Mackie Profx12 mixer
All channels are out, no mute LED on pushing any mute button, FX display responds to changing the coding knob and just phono input to output works but none of the 12 channels. I don't suppose anyone...
2
2

I pushed the mad and beg you to manage my business, it's really important
Beg you to intervene, I am sure that is true, as long as closer watching me , it's easy to see two people, I am a person every day in me to hurt me bad ly miserably, say to want to use my idea to kill...

Can a TV camera be blinded by IR?
A friend of mine has a neighbor who has stuck a small video camera in his b edroom window to spy on the friend's yard. The problem is in clear view of the camera is the friend's 14 year old daughter's...
11
11