Subject Author Posted Replies

Motorola transceivers.
Hi, I was given the Motorola transceivers visible here. concerned about the acquisition can email me, peter at easthope dot ca . Can the two models, Mag One BPR40 and CLS1413, interoperate? If so what...
11
11

Re: NABER Certification
I too received my NABER certification paperwork and card back around 1986. I recall having to drive up to L.A. from San Diego and taking a long test covering all type of electronic, RF, Television and...
4
4

1970s Flymo (21") ignition
My ancient Flymo points are worn out and the original Ducati set of points is now unobtanium - so I thought this looks like a good solution and benefits from not having to dismantle to set the points...

Repurposing a Dell power brick
I have a Dell AC power adapter, model ADP-150BB B which I'd like to re-purpose as a 12 volt power supply. It's rated 12 volts 12.5 amps, which might make a good battery charger. It worked when last...
10
10

What is an EMF meter really for?
I came across an article about a cattle mutilation and the guy was using an EMF meter to look for aliens or something. His meter detected them, no surprise. I thought the EMF meter was invented by the...
15
15

Resistance of door holder magnet.
I have been troubleshooting a school with 14 door magnets and cant seem to find the issue. They will be fine for days and then it shorts the 24vdc out and the fire panel has to be re-started to clear...
10
10

Riddle Me This
Last evening, at approximately 9:15 pm Eastern Daylight Time, three (3) remote control devices came on, or changed in our house, not quite sequentially - about over 10 seconds or so. My wife and I -...
12
12

Circlip thingy
I have a Nakamichi Dragon on the bench. I need to dismantle the DD motor. To do so, I have to remove the circlip thingy (see photo: ). It must be destroyed during removal, which means I need a...
2
2

Yamaha outboard motor; 9.9 HP/ 7.3 kW, T9.9EXHP, 6G8 UL 784628, 1991.
Yamaha outboard motor (9.9 HP/ 7.3 kW, T9.9EXHP, 6G8 UL 784628, 1991) starts immediately and runs well when cold. When warm, misfires are evident. If stopped, deliberately or by the misfiring, after...
4
4

LCR/ESR meter
Just a quick request: Anyone have experience with "Smart Tweezers" from Syborg Systems line of ESR meters? Looking for something basic to check components. Thanks, Bill
11
11

fed hackers pay black worker (stolen money)?
"Stormous, hacking in the Russian interest. Cyber phases of a hybrid war. Mapping ransomware gangs. Chinese APTs active in Asia" "Conti is hands down the more professional of the two" "Estonia hosts...

Battery charge tests - running a battery to 0 frequently - checking re-charge times
I am testing if it takes _longer_ to "fast charge" a phone if you _frequently_ let the battery run down to zero - and it seems to be. Case in point, I've been letting the phone run to shutoff...
131
131

Radio keeps cutting in/out
Hi Group, can someone help please.? I have a panasonic portable stereo cd system rx-ds15 keeps cutting in and out when adjusting the xbs. it is a old school style. im assuming the potentiometer is...
14
14

Garage door clicker retraining procedure
What is the process of getting a garage door opener clicker to work again? I had been using the "Clicker" brand hand held three button garage door opener clicker for years when it recently stopped...
15
15

LG Inverter Boards
Inverter MOSFET shorted and fuse blew on LG 32LK450-UB. Does anyone know if the inverter board from LG model 32LK330 or others will work? Board numbers are the same: VIT71884 but eBay pictures show...
5
5