Subject Author Posted Replies

VOX AC15 repair
** Hi, not some relic from the 1960s, but a near new looking combo called an "AC15 HW1X". The HW indicates the deluxe "hand wired'" version - see pic. 3.jpg Features a bright blue, 12 inch Alnico...

Service Info Needed For Sony TFM-3750WTransistor
I purchased a Sony TFM-3750W AM/FM transistor radio that has the FM antenna wire removed and need to know where it is connected on the circuit bord. Even a picture showing where the FM antenna wire is...
1
1

Direction of an AC motor revisited
Just wanted to get back to the group about this AC motor that was running i n reverse after being disassembled and then put back together. It turns out that reversing the brushes did indeed reverse...
24
24

How Do I Make a PCB Shock Resistant?
Good morning, all. I'm brand new to hands-on electronic repair so please pa rdon any silly questions. I recently acquired a Geiger counter manufactured in 1962 and I am rebuildi ng it. The PCB is 4" x...
6
6

Newbie Question: Filing Down Component Leads
Good morning, all! While technically minded, I am brand new to repairing PC Bs. I'd therefore greatly appreciate relatively simple explanations and you r indulgence of my ignorance. I recently...
12
12

Repairing pc traces on a multi-layered board.
The pc board is from a Korg piano. The model number is C-56M. Schematic is here. The relevant pages of the service manual are page 30 for the pc board view and page 121 for the schematic. Photo of the...
8
8

Network cable
How close to power lines in the attic can network cable be without causing interference.
3
3

Sony KV36XBR450
accidentally some one applied 230 volts to TV blank no power,After checking power supply board found fuse of 3 amps and checked but blows again what can go wrong
2
2

Samson XML610 pwr mix
Hi, Chinese made, 12 input chs, SMPS with Class D amp rated at 2x300W @ 4 ohms, still current model. One of the above on the bench, SMPS allegedly blew at switch on. Mosfets shorted plus drive IC,...
1
1

Replacing iPad digitizer hints
To All, I broke the digitizer on my iPad. I watched the videos online and read the instructions. Nevertheless I tore the wifi antenna in half and somehow damaged the ribbon cable that goes to the...
1
1

What battery chemistry did Polaroid use 20 years ago in its Polarpulse batteries?
I have four 20 year old "POLAROID POLARPULSE" batteries that still read 5.8 6V when I measure them. They are about 2" x 3" mounted on a heavyweight pi ece of paper that is 3" x 4". They have been kept...
7
7

Sony TCD-D8 DAT Walkman no longer fully loads tape cartidge.
I've hunted all over and find decades old information on this being a typical problem for this unit, but cannot find the parts & instructions on how to fix it. I Have The Tools Anyone familiar with...
4
4

Direction of n AC motor
We had to take apart a motor from a Rigid thickness planer to resurface the commutator. We reassembled the motor and as crazy as this sounds we think that its now running in reverse. If we...
4
4

Replaced my Sony 55w802A mainboard what next
Hi, I replaced the main board on my sony 55w802A with a 47w802A. The TV comes on and even flashed SONY across the screen once while trying to reset it t o factory setting. However, it usually comes up...

Samsung NP350V5C laptop repair
Hello all, I am trying to repair the above Samsung laptop which just produces a series of clicks when you press the power button? I have tried powering up without the battery and removing any residual...
2
2