Subject Author Posted Replies

PSU gone awry
Hi all, Just before I connected up the PSU to this AOR comms rx I'd bought, I thought I'd best double check the polarity was right, because someone for some reason had spliced the cable at some time...
12
12

CRT Television Hum
I have a analog TV that is still working fine and no plans to replace it. Over time, it has developed an audio hum - I'm guessing it's 60 Hz. When the picture is dark, the hum is nearly gone. The...
22
22

Electric meter conversion to wireless, I doubt this could be safe
We received a notice from the power company that they intend to replace our two electric meters with the new wireless units. These meters emit short b ursts of RF multiple times a day at a fairly...
23
23

USB Connector
Just wondering. Old laptop with all USB2 connectors. Favorite USB port seems to be wearing out. I have one USB3 flash drive (Sony) that always connects. I have several other USB3 flash drives...
1
1

OT: 7-sided kilns ?
I was talking to a kiln-repairer this week. He'd recently refurbished a couple of these He did not know and I could not see why the manufacturing awkwardness of 7 sides? Just some sort of gimmic or...
5
5

Driveway Alam Weak
Harbor Freight Wireless Security Alarm System Item 93068 Been working for years indoors only. Recently the range has diminished. new batteries installed but still does not regain original range. It...
3
3

Newbie oscilloscope question
Want to learn. Playing with Arduino and old Heathkit 1Mz scope. Have 1x10x probe with BNC connector. Heath scope has binding posts. Do I butcher the probe? Find adaptors? Want to build simple 555...
11
11

Dishwasher problems
I have an old Kenmore model 665.1661591 (made by whirlpool) dishwasher that has been acting up for several weeks now. This is an old mechanical timer type of machine with no electronics. The problems...
14
14

Failure modes of fridge thermostat?
Just had a failure and had to replace with a new thermostat/temp control This is a gas operated thermostat that works a simple built in on/off microswitch, the knob is to set the switch temp. point....
4
4

trouble with inverter, car battery and car emergency set up
I had a recent power outage that lasted for 3 days. Not having a generator on hand, I decided to try using what I did have for short term power purposes. The items consisted of the car, 500 watt...
6
6

Replace lithium cell in discontinued battery?
I have a feature phone that's several years old, but still works fine. But the battery is on its last legs, and I'm having a problem replacing it. The battery is an Alcatel CAB3120000C1, which is...
3
3

Power Supply For HP dv1040us Laptop
Does anyone know if a novice armed with just a few Phillips screwdrivers can easily replace the power supply of an HP dv1040us laptop? Where would I purchase such power supply? Apparently mine has...
7
7

Charging gel cells in series
I have a customer who wants to buy twelve 12.0 volt 8.0 AH gel cells from m e. He uses these in his fire alarm panels and wants to keep a quantity in s tock for when one of these panels goes down for...
15
15

www.cablesonline.com Warning
Hi, I bought two different 2.5" IDE extension cables from and both had manufacturing defects with the female connector. I returned them for a refund, but I only received a refund for the items, not...
3
3

radio time code clock error
Anyone any insight into this error? Yesterday , coincidently? the longest day. Set the alarm function for 06:30. Luckily woke just after 06:00 and decided to get up . Synchronous mains clock read...
52
52