Subject Author Posted Replies

Measuring audio amp output power
Hi all, I have an Audiolab 8000 amplifier I picked up at a boot sale and would like to establish what it's capable of, since subjectively the power output seems a bit on the low side when driving...
34
34

Behringer PMP1000 amp , audio output died in use
Not got inside yet and before doing so, less I disturb something. Inserting a mono jack in one of the input channel I/O Insert sockets, kills throughput to phones and also amp hiss at the phones...
8
8

VEHICLE VIDEO
Need a 3rd TV camera for my truck for rearward views of a towed trailer. Is the video output of vehicle cameras compatible with a Dell Inspiron fla t screen ? is there a standard for communications...
3
3

Keyboards/Electric Pianos
What do you do about those rubber things ? The ones under the keys on the t ouch responsive ones. Are they interchangable to some extent ? And where to get them. Looking around it seems like these...
8
8

Microwave either make noise or turns off after 3 seconds
I have a Panasonic NN-P295SF microwave that sits over the range. It came wi th the house when we bought it and it about 10 years old (manufactured in 2 004). Last week it started doing this thing...
2
2

Video projector, LED lamp + LCD, no name , no info
Model number HD604 is the only label, and no identifier inside. I'm modifying the lens mount to be able to focus it to less than the made 12 foot minimum proj-screen distance. It has S-vid, SVGA, 2x...
3
3

laptop motherboard : short circuited DC input
I have a laptop motherboard which suddenly had its DC input ends short circuited. It workded normally for hours and switched off normally. When trying to run it again some day after it won't boot up...
3
3

CRC ELECTRONICS CLEANER
DOES CRC leave a residue causing problems with soldering the cleaned area ?
9
9

Re: Parts for Black & Decker Toaster Oven TRO480BS
does not have stock. off. is a fire/injury hazard. still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly. are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air...
2
2

Aiwa cassette deck, displaced widget, no REW
Having maintained this deck over the years, new silicone rubber bands , tyres and pinchwheel etc. Annoying having to drop out just because a white plastic wishbone/quadrant arm linkage thing has...
3
3

HP DV9000 no video.
This HP DV9000 boots up fine but there is no display video. I did some checking and found out this is a very common problem. The GPU overheats and then the video stops functioning. I disassembled it...
6
6

Two Home Theater Receivers - Same make & model - blow center channels!!
WHAT THE ? This is JVC's RX-515V Pro Logic Surround Receiver, 80W mains, 20W Center, 20W Surrounds. 1994 model I believe. The first one, I bought in 1995 new, blew center channel last summer. I...
12
12

Television Blu Ray?
Will be shopping for new TV soon. Why don't they have Blu Ray? Seems so simple. Such a small fractional cost of an item that could cost thousands $$. Would be nice to watch TV and not disturb others....
8
8

Tek Scope Issue
Hi all, Forgive me for not having very much useful detail on this, but a friend has a scope that's unfocusable and produces a thick trace. My immediate reaction was maybe noise getting into the signal...
11
11

A broken computer and power issues - howto diagnose?
Someone dropped off a broken computer about 15 days ago. The only symptoms were that it didn't boot-BIOS/no-cpu-fan but greem-led-on-mobo was on. I swapped out the PSU, etc and end result was that the...
2
2