Subject Author Posted Replies

video projector, lamp or high power ps problem ?
Hitachi CP X327, 3xLCD & discharge lamp, unusually the full component level sm is out there. As the lamp repeatedly strikes across giving short bursts of preliminary greenish light, the 5KV or so...
1
1

Radio Shack Model 277-1008 Mini Amplifier For Person with Disability: Where To Get Now >
Hello, Hoping someone here might know. Have been using a Radio Shack Mini Amplifier Model No. 277-1008 for many years to help out a person with a disability. Really important for them As no longer a...
11
11

lost one channel on an old Onkyo amplifier (2023 Update)
I have an old and extremely heavy Onkyo stereo amplifier that I use in the basement in my workroom. I bought it years ago at a thrift shop and it's worked well for years. Now only one channel works....
6
6

Clogged laptop heat pipe and fan
HP Envy m6 laptop (with AMD A10 processor), which arrive with a bad case of overheating. Here's what the radiator grill looked like after I tore apart the laptop to clean out the filth: That's about...
24
24

Vero GK60 trivolt PSU repair
Hi, The GK60 trivolt PSU takes a DC input (20V to 70V) and has three outputs (a ll adjustable), rated 5V @ 6A, +12V @ 1A, -12V @ 1A, max total 60W. Repaired two similar units, both with no lit LEDs....

DIODE confusion
I'm reading isolating 12V fields with a diode places the band toward ground but isolating ground leads past a power drop device from 12V isolates with band toward the device away from ground. is this...
10
10

Diode On Small dc Toy Motor: Why ?
Hi Folks, I'm not an EE, so would really appreciate someone educating me a bit on this. Trying to fix kids toy. Very simple electrically, just a battery going to one of those small, cheap, probably a...
6
6

Tropical Fish
Does anyone know how tolerant these are to over-voltage? For example, would one rated at 250V be able to handle 260V - 265V for a minute or so? thanks.
9
9

HP 339A Info
One has come in to our realm. We do some high end audio so having something like this desirable. It was bought surplus on the cheap. It is not dead, b ut I am pretty sure it is not working correctly....
20
20

Traco TXL 060-0533T PSU repair
Hi, I've just fixed one of these 60W power supplies. This has triple output (+5 V, +15V, -15V). Fault was -15V output gave -1V and +15V output gave +6V, LE D not lit. First saw that C37 (-15V...

Pholips coolshave charger.
Recently my Philips coolshave started not giving many shaves per charge - as luck would have it, I'd just salvaged a pack of 1000mAh Ni-Cd cells (Ni-Mh that I have bags of won't do) from some scrap...
6
6

Solid State relay kills induction motor fans
I set up a thermostat in my garage that comes on at 80 degrees F. and sends a 6 VDC battery voltage to control a 120 VAC solid state relay which power s up the vent fan. The fans always quit within 2...
26
26

Kodak Carousel 860H Projector
Hello, all. After 20+ years of home storage, I finally fired up the subject slide projector (Kodak's top-of-the-line in its day) which I purchased new way back when. The projector functioned but I...
3
3

Large motors and RCD/MCB problem
Luckily I'm not directly involved with the installation of these, its subcontractor's problem , just interested bystander, in what would be done in the electrical world to cure this problem. A batch...
1
1

disablement and enablement of a computer serial port.
Can anyone explain how a computer serial port is disabled and enabled? Man y Web pages cover the software topics but I've found nothing explaining how a BIOS disables a port. Is is done by clearing...
4
4