Subject Author Posted Replies

Tapco Juice J.1400 slave amp
One fan fails to start. Presumably 12V but only 3.8 to 4V over both fans at start up. Recognised problem /solution.? Assuming its like the 2500 (sm out there) then 39R/3W dropper, is 27R/2W in here. I...
5
5

ampex 1200 take apart and clean
I am trying to keep an ampex 1200 from dragging, anyone know how to take apart, clean and lubricate?
1
1

Person With Disability Needs Replacement: Radio Shack Model 277-1008 "Mini Audio Amplifier": Where To Buy Now ?
Hello, Am really hoping someone here might help us out. For a person with a disability, who has been using, over the years, a Radio Shack: Model 277-1008 "Mini Audio Amplifier" With R/S now gone, have...
2
2

S: Manual for Philips PM 2422_A_ DMM
Hi, The ADC of this multimeter consists of the chipset of which I'm searching for FEJ 271(B). Unfortunately, the manual/schematic which can be downloaded from Elektrotanya is incomplete: the ADC...
2
2

WTB/LFS: Mullard (Philips) FEJ271B Quad decade counter/store
Hi, there was an early ADC chipset manufactured by Mullard consisting of FEY101, FEJ271 and 74141 ic's. While FEY101 is still available FEJ271B seems to be unobtainium. Can someone here help me to get...
10
10

The medical paradox
Two physicians walk into a bar.....
5
5

SOP-16 to DIP-16 converter, ant tips
The off-the-shelf ones seem either the easy way round,small to large, or too bulky. I've about the space of 3 DIP16 stacked on top of one other to play with, after removing and replacing a large...

The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?
The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents? The Fermi Paradox is essentially a situation where we "assume" something that "seems obvious"; but, if that assumption is true, then something else...
273
273

Thanks for Jeff Liebermann for suggesting the Costco cable modem!
Thank you Jeff Liebermann for being a technical wiz-kid genius! I just want to shout out to Jeff Liebermann for suggesting the Costco cable modem (Motorola/Arris SB6141) for about $85 out the door,...
37
37

4 channel oscilloscopes - what are they good for?
Hi all, I've currently got 13 scopes of various types; most of 'em vintage. I like it that way, old stuff. But it's far too many scopes in all honesty, all taking up valuable space. One of the...
9
9

Why does a keyboard need to go to sleep.
Online I see for sale a wireless keyboard/mouse, and it says about it "Auto Sleep And Wake Feature This keyboard also features an auto sleep and auto wake mode. If there is a long period of...
13
13

What is that whiteish stuff on bad batteries (ruins stuff)?
What, chemically, is that whiteish crumbly powder on bad batteries? We all have seen it, and most of the time you can just brush it off, but I have it on a device deep inside that I can't get a brush...
46
46

learning to fly?
Hi Angus, For your trip, (f)light reading for Andre? John :-#)#
1
1

Marantz ST300 tuner
Hi, a Marantz ST300 arrived in good cosmetic condition and all lights working - but no audio from either AM or FM. Problem turned out to be the 28 pin IC at the heart of the unit has gone AWOL. It's a...
2
2

Sony KSS240A laser assemblies (heads)
I've got an Arcam Alpha 8 CD player with a somewhat tired laser, the player has started to skip on occasion and checking the RF (eye pattern) shows that the levels are a bit low. Cleaning hasn't...
8
8