Subject Author Posted Replies

Roland RD300SX keyboard
Took a heavy bash , cracked pcb in area of effects control pot, which must have been bashed. Obvious crack at an opamp, open circuiting analogue ins and outs. I find it difficult to believe , that...
3
3

more questions about wifi
After the previous thread, I'm interested in a set-top box... oh, that includes the roku that I asked about before on one of these groups. Well 2 more questions: The descriptions keep talking about...
13
13

What use is WiFi on a Costco Viso TV?
What use is WiFi on a TV screen? A relative of mine called, who was told "something" by Costco, that their Visio TVs have WiFi and therefore she wouldn't need the "box" whatever that is. I don't have...
34
34

Power supply for USB to SATA adapter smoked on first use.
I bought this item last year. I didn't have an occasion to use the power adapter until last month when I had a SATA notebook drive to check. (When I bought it, I was mainly interested in the PATA...
11
11

Need to make a THIN stylus for an iPad (that doesn't cost $75)
A THIN stylus for the iPad seems to cost over $75: Since a stylus should be pretty simple sans moving parts, how does it work and, more importantly, can we craft one out of readily available materials...
13
13

Peavey PV4C slave amp
Unused for a year and then switching on , nasty magnetisation type noise and "B" 1.2 amp thermal breaker trips out. This disengages mains Tx secondary middle from ground , via a triac system crowbar...
2
2

Re: I need a BUD Industries JW-3202 enclosure
I forgot to add, remove the "eight" digits and translate "dot"s and "at"s.
2
2

I need a BUD Industries JW-3202 enclosure
Hi, I need a few BUD Industries JW-3202 series enclosures. I could make do with a JW-3203, JW-3204 or JW-3205. If you have one or more to sell, please email: 8bill8 at umsa7 dot umd dot edu By the...
1
1

Ripped out antenna input plug
32 inch Insignia flat screen TV. My big feet tripped over the antenna cable, ripping out the input where the cable screws on. I took off the back hoping it would be a simple solder job, no luck. The...
15
15

difference between a single port vs all port splitter
What is the difference between a single port vs all port splitter Also labeled as power passive. I've googled but maybe I didn't phrase the search right. Here are two urls but there is no other info...
10
10

TIP: Dust cap for on-end 1/4 inch sockets
A large Behringer mixer returns with intermittant loss of one or both channels due to being used outdoors and dust/damp getting on the L&R Main Insert bypass contacts. As the main inserts are rarely...
5
5

Gently winding up Variacs
Hi all, If a piece of faulty equipment hasn't been fired up for like many *years*, what rate would it be advisable to slowly wind up the supply voltage to it so as not to blow anything? I'd guess...
10
10

PV Delta Blues 210, cab mod
No physical protection to too easily breaking the exposed glass bottles I intend drilling to half depth, holes in the cab either side. Then some steel studding of length of the internal cab width plus...
5
5

How are we supposed to read 5GHz WiFi signal strength bands?
I ran a WiFi survey using "Wifi Analyzer" freeware on my Android phone in a college-dorm atmosphere earlier today (after installing Windows 10), and I think I completely understand the 2.4GHz wifi...
38
38

Sears Garagedoor Opener Won't
1999 (old) 1/2 HP Sears screw opener All mechanicals and motor good. New opener button(#1) worked for six months then quit. Opened and wiggled battery. Worked again but now have to open every time and...
1
1