Subject Author Posted Replies

Surface mount code to device type (Chinese)
Just in case others find it useful. just requiring style code and marking code in the search box, as easy as that, for otherwise an awkward 2 digit code. I suspected it was a digital transistor , so...

HP 3561A
What there is of a service manual is at : ice.pdf I do believe an actual schematic would help. I need the vertical deflection circuit. OK, I blew out the power supply by making a short with the probe...
17
17

LCD TV Back Light Inverter Board Repair
I have an LCD TV and one section of the inverter board has a blown fuse that feed +24 VDC to the inverters. The other fuses fedding the other sections are good. My question is, with one section dead,...
1
1

Faulty MDS8RW101 - Vantage Controls - 120V Fused Dimming Module
I have a Vantage Controls lighting control system with 6 of these "Fused Dimming Modules" in a chassis. Each Module controls 8 light circuits. One of the dimming modules is faulty as 2 lighting...
4
4

Phone charging
if I connect the red 5v+ wire (pin4) from the peripheral connector on a at x pc power supply to the red wire on a USB cable and the black com wire(pin 2 or 3) from the peripheral connector on a atx pc...
2
2

Tantalum Capacitors
So I'm working on repairing a Korg MS2000B synthesizer for a friend with a dead power supply. Here's the service manual: The first thing I notice when looking inside is that the small SMT 100uF 10V...
51
51

Before it's put on a slow boat from China
I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover. It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap. Ebay has them from China. (slow boat) I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark. I've...
14
14

Anyone else seeing tremendous WISP slowdowns on UBNT 5.5.10 (versus 5.5.6)?
Anyone else seeing tremendous WISP slowdowns on UBNT 5.5.10 (versus 5.5.6)? We have a neighborhood setup in the Santa Cruz mountains, where we have been debugging a radio slowdown problem for weeks....
2
2

Silicone rubber , longterm structural integrity
Last week I came across some NOS fine bore silicone sleeving. It was dated 1978. Firstly I did not realise it went back that far, in fact at least 20 years before that. No sign of greasiness,...

Wafer Switch Contact Lubrication?
This question has bothered me for a long time: What, if any, lubrication is appropriate for wafer switch contacts? I'm tal king about those multiple position rotary switches that typically (but not...
5
5

EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?
Apparently Volkswagen/Audi cheated on the USA emissions tests since 2009 to 2015 by turning off the EGR to lower nitrogen oxide emissions ONLY when the car was being tested for emissions. REFERENCES:...
189
189

Boss DR-55 Repair
I'm trying to repair this vintage programmable analog drum machine on my bench. It was water damaged, and it looks like it's been sitting in a basement and hasn't worked in a very long time. I've...
8
8

Availability of a Roland 100 pin IC?
r02455212, demultiplexer for 7 octave keyboard Roland RD 300SX. Assuming a spares or repair broken piano is not available. Is the IC likely to be obtainable through the barrage of scammers,...
1
1

POWER PROBE
GREAT TOOL ! 100 watts backs up the lower power common HDepot Wellers...comes along... looking for tips, PP lists a catalytic screen replacement goes between tip and reservoir. anyone know how long...

Weird TV Power Issues
Sort of a long story, but here goes: We have had 3 LCD TV's with the same i ssue. It is intermittent, but every day, typically multiple times a day the TV will completely power off. Each of the TV's...
3
3