14pin vs 16 pin 20x2 character backlit LCD?

I am trying to replace a 20x2 character LCD in a piece of gear that I own. It is a Data Vision DV-20200, S1MBLY LCD, here are the specs:

I don't know exactly whether I have an TN, STN, EL or whatever, but I'm almost positive it is backlit; although it is NOT this unit, it looked exactly like this when it was working, yellow backlight and all:

Now for my problem - my existing broken LCD has only 14 pins, whereas every replacement one I've seen has 16 pins. As I understand, those last two pins are the ones that supply power to the backlight.

Is it possible that I can have a backlit LCD with only 14 pins? And if so, where can I find a suitable replacement?

Thanks, Foo

Reply to
Dan Nigrin