Subject Author Posted Replies

Tektronix TDS544A and TDS644A schematics now available

Re: Laptop Battery Charging
(snip) Li-ion batteries that don't get any exercise can often be restored by cycling. Leave the laptop playing a movie, on battery, "til it quits. Recharge it, turned off, 'til full, and repeat. The...
1
1

Odd problem, Low K Ohm Resistance Scales Out Of Tolerance.
Hello, I have an old Data Precision (USA) 1350 "3 1/2" Digit LED type Multimeter f rom the 70's era. It works great, except after performing a calibration th e low K ohm scales are displaying readings...
6
6

Fender Bassman Ten, 1975
Only 1 changed resistor inside in 40 years, pretty good for twice weekly use over most of that time. Heaters glow but HT and bias supply stays up and no extra current draw coming out of standby. The...
1
1

HDMI Inputs On TV ?
Hi, Figure that someone here would know. My TV has only 2 HDMI inputs. I have a USB hub on my PC that allows 6 USB inputs to be ported to, and shared, by a single USB input on my home desktop PC. Is...
3
3

Fender Frontman 212R Volume 80% down problem
Hello, I was wondering if you could help repair a guitar amplifier, it is a Fender Frontman 212R, schematics are here: The problems are: -Low volume. It is a 100W amplifier and at full power is...
40
40

Mackie SR24.4
Does anyone have any experience with the Mackie SR24.4 A customer asked if I could repair one which he said had a power issue. So I was hoping for an easy power supply repair but on opening it I find...
2
2

Sony CD/Radio wont's stay turned on...
Hi - I have an old-but-very-good-condition SOny CFD-44 rado/CD/Casstte play er - been reliable for many years... Extremely well made unit - do NOT want to scrap it unless forced :) Recently, every so...
9
9

"Groovebox" with damaged TFT touchscreen
Someone has offered to sell me one of those "sampling drum machines", that usually goes for around 700 bucks new, for $100. Only downside is that it uses a 3.5" TFT LCD touchscreen which the owner...
1
1

Philips DH415 Pm 20W 8ohm speakers -- is this RMS or Peak Music?
Hi, I have some really old speakers Phillips DH415 that were gathering dust. I want to re-purpose them and use them with my TV/computer - i got to buy an Amplifier for them. (here's an image:...
14
14

Sony TC-208 Eight-Track Deck
Replaced the belt on this deck (after spending well over an hour cleaning out the tar-like goo that the old one had gone to). Completely cleaned the head, trip-sensor & capstan w/ Q-tips & alcohol....
10
10

On/Off Switch: Why Six Pins?
Automobile dash cam failed. I am pretty sure it's the On/Off switch, so the workaround will be to hard-wire the thing to "On".... No loss because it's always turned "On" anyhow. But this thing is just...
8
8

Make up a 24V Li 6x 18650 Drill battery?
This is for a 24v (Ni-Cd originally) fairly powerful hammer drill. The original 2 batteries it came with are shot and Iv been through the replacing cells stage but have reached the end of the line...
2
2

Cable TV signal merging with antenna signal.
Cable TV signal merging with antenna signal. Would an antenna amp be uni-directional and keep a cable TV signal from getting to the antenna even if there were a multiplexer or splitter connecting the...
5
5

rear view vehicle cameras rear view vehicle cameras /
what is the difference ? the front view is not waterproofed ? and/or is there a perspective difference ?
1
1