Subject Author Posted Replies

JR611 SOIC-8 in bicycle lamp.
Its a long shot, as its probably a house coded part. Its a Crivit Sport LED bicycle lamp from the Lidl discount store. Originally it was the LED that went intermittent, but when a second unit died I...
6
6

Very Old Sony Stereo Equipment
If I get some positive responses I will dig the units out and provide part numbers. This equipment is very old but was working until the touch pad buttons quit responding. May need some caps but that...
2
2

MC1307P Stereo Decoder (NTE722)
I am in the process of restoring a couple of Dynaco FM5 tuners that came to me off a scrap-heap as the stereo decoders on board had failed. I am havin g a devil of a time finding them in small...
9
9

Laptop BIOS Recovery Question
BIOS Recovery Question I bought an acer laptop of unknown history. Acer E1-510-4828 Has no HD. Shipped with windows 8.1 Apparently UEFI BIOS. 4GB PC3L ram. I put a linux boot CD in it and applied...
5
5

Sony Detector transformer needed
Hello all, I need a 1-403-290-11 detector transformer which after 35 or 40 years is no longer available from Sony. It was used in the tuner section of many models. Unfortunately, the wiring is badly...
11
11

Thermal cam
FLIR has smartphone thermal cams for $250. Ok, much cheaper than the $100k I first saw them for. And so nice and small. Anyone seen them for (much?) less? These are good for finding missing...

USB vs "regular" charging
Laptop with a "regular" adaptor/charger. If pumped in power via USB: Would it work? Would it blow? Much Obliged - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist...
1
1

Laser printer went blank
Brother HL-5170DN The next-to-last page I printed was faded?very pale text. The next one was blank, white. If it was the fuser I know I?d see the text on the page but it would be just powdered toner...
6
6

Where Do You Get Those Light Bulbs In Series With Tweeters ?
Cylindrical. Axial leads. Ordered caps for a speaker crossover because the leads had literally been shaken out of the originals. But I had no luck finding those bulbs. I would rather not jump it out....
8
8

Just ordered a bike engine
These engine kits are offered from many sellers and the quality seems to be all over the place. So I don't know what is gonna show up on my doorstep. I will for sure be making custom mounts because...
1
1

Samsung LCD monitor: screen blanks after 1 second
This is a SyncMaster 2233SW that worked fine for years, but then the image disappeared. Further investigation showed that the image would display for just a second or so after power-up or after...
6
6

TV Picture: What Does "Calibration" Mean???
TV Picture: What Does "Calibration" Mean??? Calibration. To calibrate. With regards to TV sets - of any type - I suspect two things have stood in the way of this process: #1. Most set owners and folks...
55
55

Samsung table battery does not charge
Hi all I have got a friends Samsung tablet, which does not charge - I tried another charger, and it still - slowly goes to 80%, that is it after some 4 hours. The charger is not the problem, so - a...
2
2

Telonic 4053 sweep generator
Just posting a brief note to perhaps save somebody else some research effort. This weekend, at the Pacificon hamfest, I acquired a Telonic 4053A RF sweep generator. It's a nice, compact little box...
9
9

Motor speed controller
I need to control the speed of a 1/3HP 120V AC motor. This motor/speed cont rol would go onto a wood lathe and replace the pulley system which is now i n place. Does anyone know of a solid state speed...
9
9