Subject Author Posted Replies

Right length for table radio antenna
I have a table radio that used to have one stranded wire coming out the back, about a foot long, which I think was the AM or FM antenna. I want to replace it. Is there an optimum length for such a...
10
10

Converting Average Power to "RMS Power"
Hi all, This subject continues to severely bug me. I've just read some audio amp servicing/repair book where the author states that customers often find it desirable to know an amp's actual output...
13
13

12v cigarette lighter style in USB power charge adapter
cheap thing bought at dollar store, at home used used a wallwart 12vdc with a cig lighter style attach, worked fine for year, then i accidentally mana ged to short the 5vdc output during a quick...
2
2

Supratech DVD, odd tracking problem
I'm looking at a DVD player with an odd problem in the tracking actuator se rvo. When a DVD is loaded, both original or recorded, it focuses, spins and positions the lens fine - up to this point the...
4
4

Raseri mot Romson efter Paristweet: "Osmakligt"
Uttalandet fick enorm kritik i sociala medier. skrev en annan, enligt Expressen. kommentera tweeten och att den nu har skrivits om.

Minst 150 d?da i terrord?d i Paris - massaker i konste rthallen

Did I blow my amp?
I am not an electronics guy, but need to ask for some opinions from people who are...and hopefully help me find the right solution to fix my amp. I have a Roland Cube, which I basically use as an...
7
7

Trying to get the most out of a charger.
I need a DC power supply, bigger than what I've got. Any reason why I can't connect two automobile battery chargers in parallel to suply the same vehicle? Let's say one puts out 13.8 volts and the...
13
13

Video projector sync problem
Half hour into a presentation , a varying small section of the picture would break . Perhaps due to PbF problem , but did not seem to be vibration sensitive. If anything , it varied with picture...
3
3

Multi-conductor control cable: PVC vs.
I need to replace a cable (16-conductor, 28-ish awg, stranded, shielded) on an industrial machine. It?s used to connet a hand controller (small box with rotary encoder and pushbuttons) to the main...
36
36

Help Thermal Fuse
Replacing thermal fuse in wall oven power supply. Does fuse measure temperature of ambient, or, temperature based on current through fuse? I ask because I would like to attach wire leads to fuse since...
6
6

OT: Google dumping/lost? bits of the Deja/Usenet archive they bought ?
I was going to celebrate my first posting to this new-fangled internet thing, 06 November 1995 to the usenet group it used to be on Google as I used a long gone local internet cafe, before using a 300...
11
11

Capacitor Shield ?
In a Kenwood receiver. It is steel, not aluminum. What is its purpose ? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29948706/KR-4070%20Caps.jpg
26
26

Need Transistor Substitute for Wine Fridge
I am trying to fix a wine fridge. Avanti wine cooler EWC1201. "Thermoelectric Cooling System". Looks like a transistor is fried. Odd part number of 3DD13005MD Apparently it is a part from China. I can...
4
4

Heathkit AR-1500A power transformer
I was just ready to pitch this beast into the sweet bye and bye when my you nger brother stopped me. It belonged to my father and my brother wants to repair it and keep it for sentimental value....
4
4