Subject Author Posted Replies

Home made clock kit
Radio Shack has a home made clock kit. It doesn't require bashing off the case of a store bought clock and putting it into a case, and calling it home made. That little Muslim's family are planning to...
2
2

Welder Power
Welder is rated 240VAC 60Hz 20A single phase. How to connect to house 220VAC 60Hz that is two phase 120VAC? House is 20A. 220VAC coming from unused dryer connector. --- news:// - complaints: ---
15
15

rockola amp 52280-a hums
I bought a used amp for my 488 rockola. the old amp worked but one channel fuzzy and lower volume than the other side. The used amp hums but works. disconnecting the pickup doesn't change. Maybe the 2...
1
1

Hand-Held Megaphones: Rubber ring around edge of Horn
Hand-Held Megaphones: Rubber ring around edge of Horn Besides performing the obvious functions - protecting the horn from damage, and preventing the appliance from sliding around(on hoods of cars, on...
7
7

Are all low-end 900 Mhz speakers interchangeable?
Are all old-style low-end 900 Mhz speakers interchangeable? The wireless speakers that sold new for $80 a pair in 1999, which I bought at a hamfest for iirc $20 a pair, are now for sale NIB for $400 a...
3
3

Troubleshooting Bose QC2 Noise Canceling Headphones
I'm not getting any sound in the right ear piece of my headphones. I opene d it up and tested the speaker by connecting it directly to an audio jack c able and it works. I also tested the continuity...
1
1

Strange switches and electrons
This is just a question for curiosity. I have a Magnavox 12 or 14" CRT tv with built-in VCR. I guess that means it's about 20? years old. Maybe it's generation can be judged by the fact it also gives...
3
3

LCR meter recommendations?
Hi all, I'm looking to acquire a new LCR meter to replace the old bridges I've been formerly using, which can be a bit cumbersome. Can anyone recommend one from personal experience? I've watched all...
5
5

NE-51 Neon Bulbs
Just acquired a bunch of these lamps. They're in the same mini-bayonet style as lamps like the #44/47. But would anyone know if these lamps can be connected directly to 120 volts? Or do they need a...
23
23

How to fix my 5V, 2.5amp adapter.
How to fix my 5V, 2.5amp adapter. I had 4 short power failures today, and everything on the PC started up fine after the first 3. The fourth was longer so I went grocery shopping. When I restarted,...
28
28

Slow-to-wake garage door opener
Since I don't use the garage for a car, I don't need to open it very often. But when I do, I have to push the button on the remote anywhere up to a dozen times before the door opens. Once it's open,...
6
6

Fudge/kludging old style switch
Ona 1983 Roland Juno 6 synth, so would like to keep original looking. Easy to wire in some modern replacement. One of those rotating arm , but slide switch action that used to be common on amps and...
3
3

Fender de Luxe
Inside the amp (high voltages etc) a shard of thick aluminium foil. Does anyone fully strip off the screening foil on the insides of the cab, both ends of the amp, and spray with "Tempest" proofing...
3
3

Marshall MG100HDFX ,2002
Loss of clean channel intermittently, dirty channel ok. Both clean switches have no contacts made in clean mode. I'll replace the clean vol control, but nothing obviously wrong. No obvious solder...

NiMH Batteries: Long-Term Storage ?
I accidentally wound up with an extra set of NiMH batteries and it's going to be quite a long time before the first set goes South and I need the second - as in 1-2 years at least. How would you store...
17
17