Subject Author Posted Replies

[SOLVED] Soldering gun tip - Weller DIY tipreplacement
I have a Weller soldering gun & the tip burned through. Not having a spare, I took a piece of 12ga copper wire and improvised (I know, it won't last long). I find it so fiddly to get the ends bent...
8
8

Suitable substitute for a DSC 5D-13 Thermister
(Sorry for the On-Topic post, I'll try not to do it again!) I haven't been able to figure out a suitable substitute for this DSC Electronics (Korea) device - they call it a "Limiting NTC Device" and...
4
4

The Panasonic plasma and the dreaded 14 blinks
Hello all-knowing ones..... Heard a slight "pop" from my TC-P42S30, then went black. Turning it back on yielded a black screen, the red power light blinking 14 times. Tried a couple of fixes mentioned...
2
2

Cynical Definitions
I just spent most of Thursday, Friday and Saturday here: Some observations based on some eBay descriptions and terms, and how they translate into actuality: Not working/For parts: Dead. Stone dead....
2
2

OT strange cheair
Height: Adjustable 15" to 24" Weight Capacity: 400 lbs. Base Width: 23" Casters: 4-inch Industrial Casters (5) Adjustability: Acme Rod Adjustment 🇺🇸 PROUDLY MADE IN THE...
1
1

sluggish remote control if you haven't used it for a day or two?
Have any of you noticed that your remote control, for a tv or whatever, doesn't work at first, if you haven't used it for a day or two? I keep thinking the batteries have died, but after a couple...
24
24

I direct wired Plug and Play LEDs, is this bad?
I replaced the ballast and fluorescent tubes in a bathroom fixture with LED replacements. I'm gradually doing this to all my fluorescent fixtures as they stop working. I always buy direct wire and...
12
12

High Voltage OP amp
I am servicing a power amplifier which uses a dual, 8 pin DIP OP amp. Unfortunately, the rail Volts on the OP amp (LF353) is +/- 22 Volts. I am familiar with this particular amplifier and OP amp...
7
7

backlights #2
Well, well, aren't you sharp! I'm going through the backlight chain one by one INCLUDING connectors. The originals were 5 strips of 10 LED's, but the replacements are 10 strips of 5 tied by a...
3
3

backlights
Again thanks for the help. Dummy me, test all the new back lights individually and assume that problem is solved. WRONG! Upon plugging the power cord in, no flash. Stuck my trusty meter on XP702 and...
1
1

Wind, solar provide 67% of new US electrical generating capacity in first half of 2022
On Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 2:11:21 PM UTC-4, Unum wrote win Aww, Joe Manchin Republicans sink deeper and deeper.
1
1

Hisense 58" TV issues
Hi and thanks so much for the help. Pretty sure the LED's are 3V as my meter on diode check only puts out a little over 2V. My meter is able to make the LED's light up dimly, but enough to see if...
1
1

Hisense 58R6E TV won't power up
Trying to fix this 58" tv for a friend. The red LED blinks three times then goes out for a few seconds, then repeats. Checked the backlight LED's and 3 were blown, so I replaced all 5 10-LED strips....
1
1

Direct TV remote
I have a direct tv remote that is the Genie rc73. A red led started coming on and sometimes it will go off. While on the remote will not work. Anyone else have this problem ? I did leave the batteries...
5
5

ua208a
Is there a suitable modern replacement for the ua208a TO-99 can-type op amp as used in e.g. the HP oven oscillators, that's available and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? <>Probably less expensive to...
8
8