Subject Author Posted Replies

Revox B251 Integrated Amp No Output and More
Before I dive in blind, here are the symptoms: This amp, which had worked nicely at our summer house (seasonal use) for 4 years died one evening - slowly going quiet over about 30 minutes (I was dr...
9
9

Samsung ln40b530p7 audio ok backligth intermtitent
At the time of turn con picture and audio are normal and aprox 15 secs late r backligths do not ligth con so no picture. I checked voltages at the psu/ inverter and all seems to be the inverter...
2
2

Samsung ln40b530p7 no imagen audio ok
At the time of turn on the set picture and audio normal, anterior 10 sec no picture and backligths are Off, chkd voltajes and readings are normal, resoldered without good result. Any ideas about it....

Curious problem
Hi all, I'm now working on a different Philips scope which 'died' suddenly for no apparent reason. Here's a summary of the key points: The smps section had power in, but nothing coming out. I checked...
13
13

Philips PM5508 manual
Hi all, I've got this really old TV test signal generator to repair. I've found a very poor copy of the service manual from a well known internet site (elektrotanya). Does anyone, by chance, have a...

Gateway GM5260 has startup and freezing issues.
I'm servicing a Gateway GM5260. It uses an Intel DP965LV motherboard and it has Windows XP installed. It also has this habit of freezing randomly. Then you are forced to hold in the power button to...
16
16

Orange RK100H , 100W valve amp, 2011
No PbF statements anywhere but I assume it is. Reported as consistent intrusive mains hum with any settings of controls, but of course with me it is perfect. Expecting a loose cap or input socket...
10
10

old PTC substitution
Hi all, I'm repairing an old Commodore 1702 CRT monitor. The PTC driving the degauss coil desoldered itself from the PCB, probably it was too hot (missing solder from the "common" pin of the two...
2
2

Broken TV LG 32LS570S
Hello I'm trying to repair a dead LG 32LS570S LCD screen. The backlight work OK, all the power supply voltages are nominal and the unit turns on and off via the remote or the keypad, but there is no...
7
7

Weird 1980s tv problem. Would like explanation.
There was an AOC tv in the mid 80s that had capacitance touch switches on the front and the channel indicators were illuminated with NE2 neon bulbs. An ic drove transistor switches that turned the...
12
12

OT: UK hackers delight
Poundland, so 1GBP per lamp, now have 3 LED 2.6W 4000k mains lamps, that come apart with 2x3 screws, easily removed 3 LEDs, 3 separate condenser/focus lenses and for good measure 3.3uF,400V cap
4
4

flashing strobe like street light, failure mode?
There is a street light I pass frequently that occasionally flashes like a strobe. I've seen a bright flash at that corner a number of times over the past year or two, but never saw the source....
9
9

Workzone "dremmel" low revs and faultering
I replaced the triac with similar rating and same symptom. Runs perfectly smoothly, bypassing the control pcb, feeding 60V,.15A DC bench ps. Pot and Rs ok, DB3 diac tests ok dropping +/-30V on...
8
8

Ar+ laser Tube
This is Thekrayat and a grad student at the University of Arkansas I am working with an old Argon ion laser, so Coherent company is not support this product an more. The problem with this laser is...
1
1

Anyone used one of these?
Given the shortcomings of low power battery testers/meters for checking certain components that typically run at considerably higher working voltages where any fault may only become apparent, has...
16
16