Subject Author Posted Replies

magnifier
I need to purchase a magnifier so that I'll be able to do things like repla ce eproms and other small SMT's. I'm not looking to do LSI's with 150 pins Etc. Just mostly smaller stuff. For instance I...
31
31

Microwave Oven - Interesting
So my sister's uWave stopped cooking. Display normal hums and all that. I h ave never been a microwave tech., actually never had one break. They usuall y catch on fire after a while. But anyway I am...
2
2

Portable compressed air tank
Right, I would really like a very small, cheap, air tank that I can charge every now and again at the local garage (i.e. can be filled with a standard car tyre pump). I would also like it to include...
22
22

Flyback replacement on a historical arcade machine.
I hope someone can help me. I have an extremely old CRT attached to a Space Invaders B&W arcade cabinet . There is no available schematic, that I can find. The flyback has died but there is no modern...
33
33

Help with SMB BJT identification?
3-terminal (well 4, including the tab) SOT-89/TO-243 (4.5 x 2.5 mm) package. Marked: 2108A 2216/36 Thanks.
3
3

Re: How I design this circuit?
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:02:08 -0400, rickman Gave us: My Fluke Meter fix post wasn't. And it works 100%. Batteries still full after 3 weeks, when it used to deplete a full 6 pack in less than 3 days.

Old analog telephone system question. (Comkey 416) has a strange capability
I have this old Western Electric Comkey 416 (circa 1976) analog key telepho ne system in my house. With two primary sets and the remainder being slaves the system can handle 4 lines and 16 extensions....
8
8

Replacement LED?
The LED in my flashlight is blinking (2/sec). It?s not the support circuitry (constant current): the voltage across the LED is constant 4v. I presume it?s a failure mode of the LED. It happens...
42
42

Slightly OT: Annual Spring Cautionary Post 2016
Probably less applicable to some, but those of you who often get stuff sent to them from places and parts unknown, this is entirely applicable. And, f or those in Australia, keep in mind that pretty...

Re: For those with Fluke Handheld DVMs
On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 01:17:54 -0400, ehsjr Gave us: I wish I had made a video, but all there is are the pics, so one has to be a bit intuitive and look at the file names as well. I also put metadata...
26
26

American Radio History website
Hello all, I stumbled across this web site: Which has many old radio industry and consumer publications. Some from the UK as well. Enjoy! Tim
4
4

Sansui QRX5500 receiver protection circuit problem
This is my own receiver. For the past couple of months I've started to noti ce that the time it was taking for the protection relay to activate was len gthening from around three seconds to a bit...
3
3

Engine Management Units
Hi guys, I have an EMU from a Land Rover which just suddenly failed one day without warning as I was driving down the road. I was wondering if there's any possibility of fixing it, given that...
77
77

Makita cordless drill charger....dc18ra
I've burnt out the vdr1 01 and I'm wondering where I may be able to get another one from or if I can bypass it as I know the reason to the overload in power...?

Copper wire instead of fuses?
Here's something I've not seen before. A Power Amplifier has binding posts which you are supposed to solder wire between, instead of fuses. This is on the low voltage power supply. The wire fuses go...
17
17