Subject Author Posted Replies

Do battery chargers mostly suck, in your experience?
I have a lot of things, most of which have batteries, and therefore I have a lot of battery chargers. My experience with them has been generally negative. The worst are the so called "smart" chargers....
14
14

House-sitting for millenials
?How do I turn off the bathroom light??
8
8

MSI: MS7204 (945P).
My MSI945GZM motherboard is getting flaky, the only other MOBO I have is a MSI MS7204 (945P). The GZM has a normal CPU cooler - the 945P has a huge cooler with copper pipes running through a big stack...

MOVs
Hi, I've noticed a high failure rate in appliances built-in mains filters. These are the filters that are typically found at the point the power lead enters the appliance. They're silver coloured...
8
8

DVD Rewinder
Got in a pack of new clip leads. I can do alot of things with clip leads. They are a bench staple like the ends off of components, paper clips, various glues and potions. OK, fairly nice set of leads....
38
38

Logitech M-BD58 rogue mouse.
Recently, my Logitech mouse went tits-up and took the entire motherboard USB subsystem with it! The MOBO is still useable, but sometimes there's weird "artifacts" on the video. A USB expansion card...
7
7

Peavey XR696F mixer amp
Owner acquired knowingly non-working off a friend of a friend, so no point in asking him/them what is normal operation. Nothing about the following test routine? in the user manual Reported as ok for...
11
11

OT: Kutztown XXXIV Antique Radio Show and Sale
Officially, May 13/14 at the Renningers Farm Market and Antique Mall, Kutzt own, PA. Link below: Admission is free, camping on-site is free, parking is free. Hundreds of ve ndors, thousands of radios,...
7
7

KEPS & SEMS Ffasterners
Too much info, but interesting if you're into mechanical assembly -- for all the fellers and fellerettes who have helped me out in the past and future.... ... A Keps nut, (also called a K-nut or...
4
4

Toshiba 2SD424 and B554
I have an older QSC model 1400 in with some blown output transistors (uses 8 per channel). Original outputs are Toshiba 2SD424 and B554. QSC doesn't sell parts for this amp any longer because of it's...
6
6

Fujitsu Siemens V5505 laptop.
Just won a Fujitsu Siemens laptop with a bricked HDD. Linux based partition tools were able to recognise that the "HDD is bad" - although it may have been occasionally poking its head above the...
8
8

Weller gun tips
well, bought a 140/100 watt gun and tips. The standard tips fell apart at the tip. As if the tips were soldered together. Very funny HaHa. Is there a heavier duty tip for the 140/100 watt gun ? I used...
20
20

Membrane keypad problem
One final problem I've been having with this synthesizer restoration project for a friend. I've reassembled the synthesizer and noticed that the membrane switches on the front panel weren't...
1
1

1960s-1970s Telephone Repair
Hello, all, especially those with familiarity with subject. I've got a decades-old Stromberg-Carlson SC-2554 wall mount phone. It's still in great shape except recently a small white piece of plastic...
33
33

Vintage Fisher TX-300 Integrated needs caps
Looking for advice on replacing coupling capacitors in this circa 1964 N.Y. built amp. I picked it up some 20 years ago in a pile of stuff and it wor ked when I tried it, but my son wants to use it...
7
7