Subject Author Posted Replies

SG3525 over warming
Hi there I'm repairing a variable smps based on SG3525 IC. the IC gets too hot and finally it burns away. what's the problem?
1
1

Router sulks, then works.
On one of these groups, I posted about 6 months ago about the adapter for my router failing after a power outage. Apparently it's not a power surge but just normal unplugging and replugging that is...
18
18

EVGA430 ARX PSU - ripple.
Does anyone know how much ripple/spike amplitude is acceptable on the outputs? Thanks for any help.
2
2

HORN
Hella horn for an intermittent alarm. which pin is ground ? how tell ? is either pin grnd-pwr ?
5
5

Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES20 Long Time to Initialize
Hi, Note: I did electronic service work for many years. Note: This DVD recorder doesn't use a computer. It has AV inputs and outputs plus a built in TV type tuner. My Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES20,...
4
4

What's wrong with computer speaker?
I have a pair of computer speakers and the left? one, the one not directly connected to the computer, makes no sound. The wire must be good because its LED goes on. I finally got it apart (it was...
10
10

60's-vintage motor overload heaters
Original on the left, purchased replacement on the right. Questioning whether these are equivalent for an old General Electric motor starter overload (CR106). Seems like slightly different approaches...
4
4

Want to build resistor..
This resistor is very simple. It will have stereo RCA in and out, and 1/8" mini in and out. All it will do is attenuate 2.5khz by 3 dB, with a Q wide enough to modestly affect frequencies from 1kHz up...
9
9

Car CD player - anything I can clean besides the lens?
My car's CD player reports Check CD and ejects many CDs. I've managed to g et the radio out of the car, and opened it until I can now see the laser le ns. I plan to clean with Qtip and isopropyl...
29
29

Subarrier FM radio
Are such radios sold in the USA via the internet? Is the station really "fixed"? Someone gave my uncle a radio which is said to have a special "chip" that receives a Greek radio station. He mentioned...
21
21

TImer switch sicks
I think the reason my (spring wound) bath fan timer switch sticks is when I reset it, ie, change it form say 20 min to 40 min. It is spring wound. I know folks who have such switches for twenty years,...
2
2

Scopes, Horizontal Deflection
Now dammit, I know how a ramp generator works and I know how a relaxation o scillator works, which is what the ramp generator sometimes becomes in a sc ope. I wish Jim Yanik was around. I got two. One...
4
4

battery life changes, similar to answering machine thread
I've had a Nikon 400 laser rangefinder for a number of years now, probably 10 to 12, something like that. We use it infrequently for measuring dista nce - how far did that Frisbee throw or golf shot...
4
4

PCB prototyping idea
I was in a craft shop today and one of these was being demonstrated I got the demonstrator to try it out on 0.05mm thick copper foil. It worked very well on parallel lines 0.3mm spacing and letters...
1
1

Answering Machine Backup Batt
Hello, all. I've got an ~8 year old GE brand answering machine (like this one: that has worked flawlessly until about a month ago when the machine announced "Low battery". As usual I replaced the 9v...
7
7